Huge prints

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If I wanted to take a picture and have it blown up really big, how big do you think I could have it done and still have it be decent quality from a viewing distance of like 3 feet. Is there any way to make it like 10 feet wide?

Thanks alot, any help would be very helpful, this would be a picture from my 40d

Um.....why on earth would you want to view a 10 foot wide print from 3 feet away? You wouldn't even be able to see the entire print in your field of view. If for some weird reason you want to view it that close, then no, a 40d would show a lot of pixels at that size of print. Heck, something like a D3x would probably show pixels on a 10ft wide print with a 3 foot viewing distance.

I agree, 10ft print from 3ft away= garbage.

Dam, I was just wondering because at our school there is a "hangout" room for seniors and there is a contest among the senior class to decide how the walls will be painted. I thought it might be cool to do a portrait of the whole class in like an apple orchard or something and blow it up and hang it up on one wall, the room is kinda small, and that's why it would be like 3 feet viewing distance.

think: clever collage

have you seen the tv commercial where they show an action sequence that is taken a frame at a time and it ends as a sort of collage? use your imagination, and think outside the print...

good luck
jerry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back