Hummingbird lens tryout

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A while back I bought a used Tamron 300mm f/2.8 SP AF LD mated with a Tamron 300FNs 2x SPAF tele-converter and I've finally gotten a chance to give it a proper tryout.

Yes, the pole is unsightly. I'll be getting some sort of fake ivy to wrap around it.

DS3_8491PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks.

We put a feeder out a few weeks ago and crossed our fingers. We only had limited luck last year.
But this guy seems to have moved in and made this feeder his own. We've seen a female around so I hope they breed and the whole family shows up.

Wow that would be good. We get a lot of sm birds in our garden, but with our cats we can not put up feeders
Brill photo, looking to seeing more

We have the hummingbird feeder, a regular bird feeder, and we just put out a suet basket. I need to start a list because I must have seen a dozen different species.

Although his iridescent red isn't as highlighted, I like the framing of this one much better.

DS3_8651PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

Humming birds have always amazed me. When I was a kid I used to mistake them at a distance for some large type of dragon fly and they scared me a little because I thought dragon flies had large stingers and they moved so quickly. Quickly enough to GET ME! Ha! I know better now of course. Such cool birds, thanks for the pics!

Humming birds have always amazed me. When I was a kid I used to mistake them at a distance for some large type of dragon fly and they scared me a little because I thought dragon flies had large stingers and they moved so quickly. Quickly enough to GET ME! Ha! I know better now of course. Such cool birds, thanks for the pics!

They are truly amazing creatures. There was an excellent special on either Nature or Nova dedicated to them and it was fascinating.

There is something about the challenge of photographing them that I really like. It takes some skills, decent equipment, some prep, and some luck which I define as being ready to open the door when opportunity knocks.

Most reactions

Back