Hungry Bee

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This little chap was so hungry that at first he was just laying on the plant still - I thought he was dead at first! However as he started to feed he perked up no end and soon was moving with much vigour round the plant for food before flying off.

I am experimenting with ReDynamix in this shot (hence the notes in the corners) - any input to editing would be greatly appreciated
Taken with Canon 400D, sigma 150mm macro, 1.4 teleconverter, speedlite 580M2 and softbox
image removed - see below for reedited version
F14, ISO 200, 1/160sec, manual mode, flash used, hand held

Any comments/crits welcome - thank you

Last edited:
new edit
3229344573_232514b1fd.jpg

link to larger: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3229344573_8b07f57d8a_o.jpg
F14, ISO 200, 1/160sec, manual mode, flash used, hand held

used a layer mask on the brightness and contrast layers which I used originaly on the whole shot to dampen down the yellows - this time with the mask in place I increased the dampening on the yellows only (and removed some dust spots :()

Last edited:
Cute, I'm now also seeing the equally hungry (tiny) fly on the right. Wonderful macro. I wish I could take photos of the kind!!

I think the edit helped. If you had ever only shown us the first, brightly yellow version, I would have lived with that. Easily. But once I've now seen the edited version, I must say: yes. Your decision to dampen down the yellow looks just right.

Thanks for the compliments LaFoto - That little fly I did not notice till editing the shot he was so small - I was glad that I got the whole of it and not just a corner.

Thanks Tin!
though how can you say the little dear is ugly (unless you are meaning the little fly that is)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back