Hungry Cardinal

It is tough! But a fun challenge!

I cruise the internet and steal them from sites like CoastalConn's and MatthewO's ;)

You have to feed them with valium so they fly at minus 10 MPH. Or feed them a few until they crash land and then tie them with string hanging from the tree branch.

lol, I wish I had tips for the small birds. most of my BIF are larger egrets, herons, and hawks. although I have caught a few king fishers in flight.

those really tiny birds are really a pain, they have to hover for you or you have to track them and hope your lens can focus on the tiny bird and not grab the background.

sometimes you can pre-focus and area and fire off shots when the bird flys into the area. a lot of times this can be really hard with a wide aperture and long focal distance. the field of view is so small with long focal distances.

i have yet to try but i may, to use a shorter focal distance, ie a 70-200 at maybe 70-100mm and a higher f-stop for more DOF on a sunny day to get increase DOF, then a remote shutter release and on a tripod setup near a feeder

Most reactions

Back