Huntsman spiders with prey etc

orionmystery

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Huntsman spider with spider prey. Any idea what dipterans are those? Sabah, Malaysia (Borneo)

Huntsman spider with prey IMG_1317 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

A mating pair of Blattodea on a tree trunk at night. Selangor, Malaysia.

Mating cockroaches IMG_2099 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Two Polyrhachis ants and Hemipteran eggs? Selangor, Malaysia. Night find.

Two ants and some eggs IMG_1945 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Huntsman spider with skink prey. Night find. Pahang, Malaysia.

Huntsman spider with skink IMG_1605 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Unidentified Gasteracantha sp. spider? Sabah, Malaysia (Borneo)

Gasteracantha sp. spider? IMG_1296 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Hello shrimp, the ocean called. It wants you back! A katydid (Tribe: Agraeciini) we found at night. Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia (Borneo).

Katydid nymph IMG_1276 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

This beetle, or what's left of it, was still alive - moving its antennae, mandibles and legs - when I found it. Attacked by a bird? The ants were making a meal out of it. Night find, Selangor, Malaysia.

Beetle eaten alive by ants IMG_1894 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

More tropical spiders: Tropical spiders | Up Close with Nature

I know others have said it but your images are so freaking good. I can only aspire to get halfway to where you are. Thanks so much for sharing.

Those are amazing! If you don't mind me asking what is your setup?

I know others have said it but your images are so freaking good. I can only aspire to get halfway to where you are. Thanks so much for sharing.

Those are amazing! If you don't mind me asking what is your setup?

Thanks. I used 3 different setups here. All with 40D, but different lenses/lighting.

Image #1 and #6:

MPE65, MT24EX and concave diffuser: MT24EX concave diffuser quick update | Up Close with Nature

Image #2, 3, 4, 6:

Tamron SP60, Canon 270EX speedlite. I don't have a photo of this setup yet. Still fine tuning the rig to get more satisfactory light/diffusion. But it's very similar to my first ever macro rig with D80, Tamron SP90:

My Macro Rig - Then and Now | Up Close with Nature

Image #5:

Sigma 150 + 1.4x extender: Tips on shooting with natural light | Up Close with Nature

Frickin rad!!!!

Amazing pictures! I especially love the first one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back