Hurling.. An Irish Passion..

ei5jf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Being an English Guy living in the Republic of Ireland it is an extra challenge to photograph the Irish National game of Hurling for a newspaper. The game is so fast is takes a little luck and predicition to get the picture. So I make sure I have plenty of CF cards and shoot instinctivly, hoping to get a few in the bag to send to the Sports Editor. I must say the game is fantastic to watch and not sure why it has not spread further afield.
Anyway, this is one of the pics, how the guy got up there I dont know !!
ForKathleenRyanCarrickonSuir.jpg

1DS Mk2 100-400L at 5.6 100th sec 800 ISO.
Comments Welcomed..
Andy , Tipperary.

While I don't know anything about the game at all, nor about its rules and why people need to (;)) sit on other people's shoulders for the game :)biggrin: ) - I still know that I like this capture.
Cool DOF at f5.6, but it was so overcast you had to go to ISO 800 to keep the 1/100? Nevertheless: worked fine here.

How many bloopers did you produce in the end? (If I may ask ;)).

wohaa., that looks like an acrobatic game! :p the last hurlers I saw wee those which legend said they turned to stone ad the edge of Bodmin Moor .

nice capture, in the right moment :)

so that lens does well for sports? a colleague of mine has got it on full frame and she intends to use it for photographing surfers and birds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back