Hurricane Mathew Sunset

Beautiful shot! Although there seems to be a bit of distortion in the dock, or am I seeing things?

Pretty!

A bit heavy on the negative space at the bottom?

Nice and tranquil. I really like the way this scene draws you in.

Very peaceful. I like it!

Beautiful shot! Although there seems to be a bit of distortion in the dock, or am I seeing things?
Can you explain what you mean by distortion? The dock is crooked due to the big tides we have plus it was flooded during Mathew.

I saw the same distortion and there are two things causing this: the first is your horizon line is a touch off kilter clockwise. That fixes part of it but because of your lens distortion on the WA lens, it pushes the left part of the frame outward. I used a bit of distortion control to adjust for the slight lens aberration using the rightmost concrete pillar as a vertical fix point. Doing this gives the viewer a better sense of their own balance in the scene. A third issue and nothing to do with distortion is the image is just a touch out of focus. I wasn't sure until I brought it into PS.

seadawg.jpg

I did crop a bit as I too thought there was too much lead in but as with the suggestions, it is just another idea to be liked or discarded as you desire.

Have you used the lenses correction ? What focal for this pic ?

However, nice shot !

I saw the same distortion and there are two things causing this: the first is your horizon line is a touch off kilter clockwise. That fixes part of it but because of your lens distortion on the WA lens, it pushes the left part of the frame outward. I used a bit of distortion control to adjust for the slight lens aberration using the rightmost concrete pillar as a vertical fix point. Doing this gives the viewer a better sense of their own balance in the scene. A third issue and nothing to do with distortion is the image is just a touch out of focus. I wasn't sure until I brought it into PS.

View attachment 129424

I did crop a bit as I too thought there was too much lead in but as with the suggestions, it is just another idea to be liked or discarded as you desire.
Thank you for the suggestions, I know it is a touch out of focus as it was hand held at 1/13 sec. but not that noticeable as you mentioned. As far as the dock being distorted it is that way from the storm. I did correct the horizon in my edit and dont really see a difference of what you did compared to mine. I think I like the way you cropped it also.

Again thanks for the suggestions..

Have you used the lenses correction ? What focal for this pic ?

However, nice shot !
I did use the lens correction.. see comment above. The focal point was mainly the dock and the river with reflections.
Thanks for the reply..

I'm a razor sharp image junkie, but I 'un-focused' this a bit just for fun. I love the image either way.
lake-small.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back