Hurricane Michael Update - well, for me anyway...

bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For those of you who have been following my Hurricane saga, these are post storm before images and ones I shot today to celebrate the end of the rebuild (though a few more things to finish up). Its taken 10 months and 27 days to get from there to here and I'm one of the lucky ones who has a livable house...thousands upon thousands are still without roofs. The images you are seeing on the TV from the Bahamas is exactly what we looked like after initial impact as we too were a category 5 hurricane. Fortunately for us, ours was a fast mover - in and out in less than 5 hours.

Before and after overhead views and after - drones are so much fun.

before.jpg

after.jpg

rear-view-2.jpg

rear2.jpg

Quite a difference! You can really get a sense of the time laspe by looking at the foliage. Thanks for sharing!

What a difference and hard work a year makes.

Where you see blue tarps generally means lost sheeting as well. In my case, what you see is where the whole back of the house (facing the lake) was torn completely off, and dumped unceremoniously across the street, two houses up. The house next door to me on the left (from lakeside facing the back of the house), is still completely gutted down to the studs and he's still fighting insurance. He does have a new roof but that's about it.

Where you see blue tarps generally means lost sheeting as well. In my case, what you see is where the whole back of the house (facing the lake) was torn completely off, and dumped unceremoniously across the street, two houses up. The house next door to me on the left (from lakeside facing the back of the house), is still completely gutted down to the studs and he's still fighting insurance. He does have a new roof but that's about it.
Just wow! Sorry to hear about y'alls troubles, it must've been a nightmare.

Most reactions

Back