What's new

hydra, the sequel

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
pipes102712p2.jpg
 
Thanks for looking!

Gadfly (do I call you "Gad" or "Fly" for short?) - you and mishele definitely were on to something - I like it this way, although I like the original as well - I'll have to see how they age

Nandakumar - yes, cropped the bottom and left to get rid of the roof, moved the black marks at the bottom of the pipes up into the new image, and darkened the clouds just a bit.
 
I think "pestilent insect" would do.

Any idea about the source of the marks? Roofing tar?
 
I kind of liked the original more...the black "stuff" at the bottom of the frame doesn't seem to add, and the pipes now,as shown, seem to have no means of support...they are just "there"...so this one is not working as well for me. You know Ken, you work reminds me of Terry Richardson's urban architecture shots, as seen on Terry's Blog...only your stuff is more interesting, for the most part!
 
Thanks Derrel! As I said, I can see it either way, roof or no roof. You mentioned Richardson once before and I looked him up - kind of a strange guy, and his urban stuff was pretty interesting, but not exactly my taste.

As for your question, pestilent insect, the marks were just above the roof line, so I assume they were some kind of tar or roofing adhesive.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom