I actually got to go out officially...

damn i wish i can take shots like those... i like the thunder shot. too bad we dont have storms and such like that here in california.

I have been planning this trip since January and finally got to go on a storm chase that spanned more than 300 miles.

If you're going to be out there anyway, get a ham license and find a Skywarn spotter class. It will help you know what to look for and how to handle what you find, and you'll be able to help other folks stay out of it.

Besides, NWS loves good storm photos from the spotters; they make great training material.

If you're going to be out there anyway, get a ham license and find a Skywarn spotter class. It will help you know what to look for and how to handle what you find, and you'll be able to help other folks stay out of it.

Besides, NWS loves good storm photos from the spotters; they make great training material.

I have been wanting to get a ham license and will probably sometime in the next year. I do know what to look for in a storm but when there are three that are just starting to develop it is hard to tell which one is going to produce the tornado.

Great shots and a lucky opportunity. Personally I'd never drive 1000 miles for my hobby, but what the hell LOL.

Your first horizon isn't quite aligned, and the focus of shot 5 looks slightly too soft for my liking. Otherwise great.

I've never been lucky enough to capture lightening. Even with tripods and long shutter speeds I seem to miss them every time! Any tips?

was looking at these again... great stuff

in #2, is this a tornado?

20080529-831byqw2buky3fbuf9gstx8xci.jpg
its just a rain shaft

chris, amazing pictures!!!! that first one, wow!! :hail:

was looking at these again... great stuff

in #2, is this a tornado?

20080529-831byqw2buky3fbuf9gstx8xci.jpg

Spiffybeth is correct, though as I looked at it closer it was not even there in the orginals... I believe what you are seeing where a layer mask is ending actually.

Boy, that second photo does look thoroughly MENACING! I'd pee my pants ... storms fail to make me happy in any manner ... but your photos are enormous! (As seem to have been the storm cells, wow).

Awesome shots! The colors in #5 are great!

LaFoto... if you were out there with a trained professional would you still be scared?

Thanks C677T

#1, 6 & 7 are my fav's
i have always wanted to take pictures of lightning.
Something about lightning is just jaw-dropping to me

awesome photos

Most reactions

New Topics

Back