I am a NEWBIE and ready to learn (criticism for improvement pls)

Sharfy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 1st post of photo here and I welcome criticism for my improvement;)

I will take note every feedback that will help me out in improving my shots and editing :love:

_DSC8608_DSC8608.jpg

DSSbeautifulperformers.jpg

#3 I just love this cute kid (accidental shot for this happy kid) quite blurry but i love the kid hahaha

InnocentHappiness.jpg

JungeMdchensexybackYounggirlssexyback.jpg

WirtanzenGlckWedancehappiness.jpg

Last edited:
I believe your code is broked.

The vignetting seems a bit heavy to me as it makes the entire photo appear underexposed. It's hard for me to critique much past that because the vignette is really distracting. The colors near the center of the frame really pop and look good, I think. However, some might say that the background is a bit too busy, and maybe a larger aperture would have been in order for this shot.

Hey Sharfy, question for you, why did you choose horizontal as opposed to vertical here?

On my screen it looks a bit underexposed.

Hey Sharfy, question for you, why did you choose horizontal as opposed to vertical here?

On my screen it looks a bit underexposed.

It was her request to take horizontal becuase she want me to make wordings on the space given.

Anyway my editing is bad :( because it was under exposed, I will check it again and try to explore more ;)

thanks for the comment hihihihi

Following the visual principle of lights advancing, and darks receeding, the vignette really darkened her hand, causing a little visual confusion. The hand now seems like it is farther behind her than it really is. It looks only slightly underexposed overall.

I tend to be a stickler for vertical lines being vertical. It's not as important for candid "street shooting", but i still notice the blue lines are crooked.

I don't like the parrot on her shoulder.

I don't find the deeper background as distracting as the midground stuff...the chairs and flowers (parrot ;)). Using a larger aperture (small number) would help blur the background.

I also believe this would have been better framed with her head on the left side of the image, and her hand toward the middle.

Keep shootin' and postin'.

The vignetting seems a bit heavy to me as it makes the entire photo appear underexposed. It's hard for me to critique much past that because the vignette is really distracting. The colors near the center of the frame really pop and look good, I think. However, some might say that the background is a bit too busy, and maybe a larger aperture would have been in order for this shot.

That was I want to think aperture, thanks for reminding it for me ;). I will try to play and explore with editing more.

this was taken at a food chain at a highway while we are having breakfast.

thanks you for your feedback :D

I kinda feel like the white balance is off. i could be wrong but the skin tones seem off or maybe just over saturated.

Following the visual principle of lights advancing, and darks receeding, the vignette really darkened her hand, causing a little visual confusion. The hand now seems like it is farther behind her than it really is. It looks only slightly underexposed overall.

I tend to be a stickler for vertical lines being vertical. It's not as important for candid "street shooting", but i still notice the blue lines are crooked.

I don't like the parrot on her shoulder.

I don't find the deeper background as distracting as the midground stuff...the chairs and flowers (parrot ;)). Using a larger aperture (small number) would help blur the background.

I also believe this would have been better framed with her head on the left side of the image, and her hand toward the middle.

Keep shootin' and postin'.

a feedback from you Bj is a big help and that why I consider you to be among those 30% here pro's who are helping us newbies with so much encouragement .... I saw a lot of comments from you that's why my fear of not learning here vanish....

Your comment on this photo will be noted thanks a bunch ;)

will keep posting so that I can learn more and be good with what I love most :D

Just added # 2 and 3

sorry for this I am really an amateur and I need improvement. feed-backs will be noted!

Mind posting the originals? I happen to like the horizontal in #1 but agree the editing did not help the shot.

#2... I like it... Again the editing didn't help, but the composition is nice and the little bit of motion blur in her hands and surrounding her give the image a sense of movement not just a static snap.

Should I not use vignette? I am addicted to it last august while editing picture of my friends.

#1 baby chloe

_DSC8058_DSC8058.jpg

#2 baby chloe

_DSC8033_DSC8033.jpg

Mind posting the originals? I happen to like the horizontal in #1 but agree the editing did not help the shot.

#2... I like it... Again the editing didn't help, but the composition is nice and the little bit of motion blur in her hands and surrounding her give the image a sense of movement not just a static snap.

Sure here is the #1 from above ;)

_DSC8608.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back