I am not dazzled by process.

I like to take my time with photography and get things done the way I want them on the negative. I actually bought a nice Nikon digital camera first, then bought a nice film camera second. I wanted a little more challenge. I wanted to actually learn about f stops, shutter speeds, DOF, contrast, metering, fill flash, and all that good stuff. I wanted to know what was going on all the way. It seems that just about anyone can take a pic with a digital camera and play with it in photoshop and get it looking good. I have done it myself. But you have to know what you are doing (or be lucky) and take the time to experiment and do things manually for a more satisfying final result. Some of my favorite pictures were taken in manual mode of a fancy SLR or an old fully manual SLR.

I want to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail. I want to see everything from my home in Georgia to Maine. It would surely be faster, cheaper, and less strenuous to just fly to Maine, but I would get more satisfaction out of the trip by hiking there than flying there. I enjoy the process because I like to do things not many people do. I never really liked instant gratification in things like that.

-SquirrelNuts

Superb thread! :hail:
Thanks Matt (ksmatt) for reviving this thread!!!!! :thumbup:

Well, I too think the process matter.
The work and knowledge you put into taking a photograph just so, thinking about the final picture ahead of time, and the end result show how much you understand and like the process of taking a picture.

Its also damn cool too meter an exposure,decide on the development and work some hours in a darkroom.

I think also that its not about the destination only , but the trip you make is very important.No shortcuts to me, I am enjoying the view!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back