What's new

I built a softbox! (lightbox?)

Some people don't waste their time and buy a 28" box including paper backdrops for less than $50 from Alzo Digital....

Or, after they have wasted their time they, etc... :)

Cheers, Don
 
Some people don't waste their time and buy a 28" box including paper backdrops for less than $50 from Alzo Digital....

Or, after they have wasted their time they, etc... :)

Cheers, Don

I'll bet you I get my box faster than you and can shoot tonight. And with the $48 I saved I can get a few beers.

Cheers.
 
You lose :)

I purchased a 28" from Alzo Digital and a 48" light tent off ebay after fooling with home made. Which was fun by the way and a great learning experience.

With the store bought tent you get pure white nylon fabric and four paper backdrops but the major advantage is the fold up/down design for storage.

Cheers, Don
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #20
Yeah I was thinking to myself it might make sense to look around and buy one. That being said it was amusing and easy to make the one I have currently.
 

I'm not sure how you figure that one out. If you buy from ebay, you are not getting it the same day. While this cardboard homemade thingy will be in anyone's "studio" within 20 minutes.

Now, I don't mean to say that if you do a lot of this kind of work it's not worth it having a better one. But for someone who just wants to experiment or needs it asap, it works just fine. And you can't beat the price. :D
 
Indeed. DIY for the win! (My gobo's are all made of cardboard and gaffer's tape. There is nothing that tape won't do. :D )
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom