I cheated today and went to the wildlife park ...

bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevedinicol.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been meaning to go there for a while now. Partly because I wanted to take some pictures and partly because I wanted to check out the wolves. My dog's part wolf and I wanted to see the similarities.

I tried to avoid fences, etc. in the shot because I didn't want it to look like it was at the zoo. Missed seeing the moose, the cougar, and the lynx so maybe I will have to go back sometime.

coyote by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

golden eagle by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

bald eagle with a twinkle in his eye by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

bald eagle by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

Oh my goodness!!
Beautiful, who cares if you didn't see it in your backyard? ;) Perfectly clear shots.
The shadow in the last image is a tiny bit distracting, but even that adds to the effect! Amazing.

The shadow in the last image is a tiny bit distracting, but even that adds to the effect! Amazing.

So is it distracting or does it add to the image? Can't do both.

#3 is pretty insane.

These are very nice shots, your bald eagle is gorgeous, perfectly lit and tack sharp. The wolf has a nice expression, it's too bad the ear is cut off.

It's actually a coyote. Yep, I definitely would have preferred the entire ear. They were moving around like crazy though.

I took a bunch of wolf pics, but I wasn't really too impressed with them so I just left them on my computer.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

Nice shots - who is going to know it is a wildlife park. My only comment on the first three would be to watch the crop in the first one - you cropped his/her ear off, not the best thing to do. I really like the Bald Eagle in the third one, however , I do think that the shadow in the last one is distracting - the "average" viewer expects to see a Bald Eagle with a white head, with none of it in shadow (my opinion).

WesternGuy

Thanks coastalconn, WesternGuy, and Rotanimod

Nice shots - who is going to know it is a wildlife park. My only comment on the first three would be to watch the crop in the first one - you cropped his/her ear off, not the best thing to do. I really like the Bald Eagle in the third one, however , I do think that the shadow in the last one is distracting - the "average" viewer expects to see a Bald Eagle with a white head, with none of it in shadow (my opinion).

WesternGuy

I wish it was just a matter of a bad crop in the first one because then I could get the tip of his ear back. The only cropping I did was a little bit from the horizontal, I think just some empty space on the right, and otherwise it is as taken. It was a little difficult because those coyotes were moving around so much. I guess what I should have done is zoomed out a little bit to give myself a wider margin of error.
And it is too bad about the shadow in the last one. I blame the eagle though :)

Here is another shot of the coyote with both ears intact. I find the face a bit less interesting in this one though ...
$DSC_4180.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back