I decided on a head....

R6_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have finally decided on the Manfrotto 322RC2 joystick head. My friend let me borrow it and for my needs, I feel it works great.

I normally shoot cars, but would like to get into scenery/landscape shots.

I need some of your opinions on the tripod itself. I'm not sure which one to go with. My friends was also a Manfrotto (don't know the model #) and I liked it. Besides, the legs, it can adjust upwards, and sideways. Only thing I did not like about it, was when I got down a lower, it was not steady. It would sort of slip and not grip the ground for a steady shot.

Given the brief explanation, what would you recommend?

Also, is there anything else that I would be needing?

I would recommend either the 190xprob or 055xprob. The 055xprob holds a little more weight and is a bit taller. But if you're not very tall the 190xprob is an amazing tripod. I actually have it and I don't mind bending a bit to look through the viewfinder. It's also a solid tripod and I love it! GL
TJ

You might be able to find a used 3021 ... the predecessor to the 055 ... still a great tripod and I got mine on ebay real cheap.

^^^ Thanks.

I like the 190xprob but max height is under 5ft. I'm not very tall, I'd like to take photos from an "upper" view.

My understanding is that the old Bogen/Manfrotto 3001 pro tripods are replaced by the 190xprob and the old Bogen/Manfrotto 3021 pro tripods are replaced by the 055xprob. The "pro" versions having the advantage of sliding the center column horizontally as an option.

There's not much to break on a tripod so you could consider looking into options for a used 3001 pro or 3021 on the used market. There are some good deals out there... I found my 3021 + 3 way pan for a steal ($35) at a camera swap.

^^^thanks usayit

I like having the option of being able to slide the upper column horizontally. I will take your suggestion and look for it used on ebay or the classifieds here, My budget was supposed to be $200, but unless I can find both of these used, doesn't look like I can keep it that low.

Any other suggestions?

I got my 3021 (no horizontal piece) and gitzo magnesium head for well under $200 on ebay - the $35 deal is amazing, though!

I got my 3021 (no horizontal piece) and gitzo magnesium head for well under $200 on ebay - the $35 deal is amazing, though!

Yup.. probably one of the best deals found at one of these swaps. A bit scratched up and has the holder style twist locks but who cares... completely stable.

Too bad that increasing interest in digital seems to coincide with the falling attendance at the camera swap... lately been mostly junk. Although i did find a very nice camera rotating stroboframe for $40 last week. Unlike mine, it was complete too...

Why does some of the 322RC2 come with a blue manfrotto lable and some come with a black one?

Are there fake ones? What should I looks for? What should I ask before purchasing on ebay?

Ok it should work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back