I Do Believe...

Should everyone post equipment lists with each photo?

• Total voters

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...that it should be mandatory to tell what camera and lens a picture was taken with when you post it. I seem to always have the same question, no matter who shows the photo. I find it very frustrating when I dont see any technical details at all. Its probably not as big of an issue as Im making it out to be, but, hey. It wouldnt hurt, right?

What do you think?
Mark

I would like to see exif data so I can look at settings...but its not the end of the world if I dont know.

It might be useful information for people just starting out, but I personally do not need to know. I can get an idea of the settings just by looking anyway.

Settings, sure. But the camera and lens, flashes used, accessories, filters, etc are never all that apparent. Especially if cropping and PP are involved.

Mark

I would love to be able to put the camera I use in a signature block but I couldn't figure out if I have to upgrade my membership to get a signature block or what not.

Never mind I am a complete noob with this post... I found the signature and have added my DSLR to it.

It would be really awesome and easy for everybody to just put what camera they use in their signature so everybody can just look at the signature because with my terrible memory I know I will forget to put what kind of DSLR and what kind of lens in the body of my post.

Last edited:
It doesnt hurt to ask, but if everyone just posted it, no one would have to take the time out to ask. If you ask and dont comment on the photos listed, it doesnt seem too polite. If the camera and lens was listed, there would be no need for that. As for accessing the EXIF data, that is also more work than it would be to simply list the camera and lens. Generally, people post sets. Sets are usually taken with the same camera and lens. If not lens, at least the same camera, for the most part. As for saving it in your signature, Thats fine and dandy, but I know many, many members who own 2+ bodies, 5+ lenses, or even bodies from different brands. Listing all of this in your signature would be pointless because there is no way of telling which is used (for the most part. More experienced have the eye to tell which lens, sometimes).

Mark

I think if you are looking for comments on how to improve technically you should give as much info as you can so people can make educated responses on how to make it better.

If you are looking for ideas on composition maybe less so.

Most reactions

Back