I don't use Instagram; does that make me a hipster?

andrewohphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I actually don't use it that much, mainly because I like just posting on my facebook page instead (facebook.com/andrewallenohphotography). And I'm not a big fan of the filters they have on there. =P

But anyway, hi everyone! I love taking pictures and can't wait to post up! I shoot a sony a57 (which most of my friends make fun of me for but I personally have always loved sonys) and the kit 18-55 lens, though I am definitely hoping to get a fixed 50mm f1.8 lens, as well as a 70/200 f2.8 in the near future.

Using instragram would make you a hipster. It would also make you a bad person. It would also make you not a photographer. If you use instagram, you're an abomination, and may god have mercy on your soul.

What is a hipster?

Using instragram would make you a hipster. It would also make you a bad person. It would also make you not a photographer. If you use instagram, you're an abomination, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Phew....(wipes forehead)

Good thing I'm not religious......

I actually don't use it that much, mainly because I like just posting on my facebook page instead (facebook.com/andrewallenohphotography). And I'm not a big fan of the filters they have on there. =P

But anyway, hi everyone! I love taking pictures and can't wait to post up! I shoot a sony a57 (which most of my friends make fun of me for but I personally have always loved sonys) and the kit 18-55 lens, though I am definitely hoping to get a fixed 50mm f1.8 lens, as well as a 70/200 f2.8 in the near future.

You know you don't have to use the filters, right?

Yeah, I'm just saying I don't like the fact that everyone else does and thinks it makes them look cool. =P I also don't like the fact that you have to fit your photos within that square frame, I hate having to recompose my shot just to make it fit.

Hipster:

Definition 1:

A D-Bag usually between the age of 20 and 30 that wears metro sexual clothing consisting of extremely tight light grey jeans, flamboyant colourd shirts and usually some form of a scarf regardless of time of year. Usually found sitting in Starbucks sipping back a mocachino or cappuccino while ensuring their hair is properly styled while listening to Foster the People on their iPod.

Frequently use Instagram to display their acts of random duchebagery and showing off their "vintage" finds and "Old School" sneakers. Often refer to themselves as being so "Indie" they listen to bands that donÂ’t exist yet.

Definition 2:

A hipster is someone who is smart enough to talk about philosophy, music, politics, art, etc. with you all day long, but not smart enough to see how big of a tool s/he is. The only sure fire way to tell if someone you're talking to is, in fact, a hipster is to ask them "are you a hipster?". If they respond no, and turn their cassette player back on, you can be sure you're dealing with a hipster.

Last edited:
Hipster:

A D-Bag usually between the age of 20 and 30 that wears metro sexual clothing consisting of extremely tight light grey jeans, flamboyant colourd shirts and usually some form of a scarf regardless of time of year. Usually found sitting in Starbucks sipping back a mocachino or cappuccino while ensuring their hair is properly styled while listening to Foster the People on their iPod.

Frequently use Instagram to display their acts of random duchebagery and showing off their "vintage" finds and "Old School" sneakers.

awe....I like Foster the People...and Modest Mouse.

Instagram users are people who think the whole world should look like they have jaundice.

Hipster:

Frequently use Instagram to display their acts of random duchebagery and showing off their "vintage" finds and "Old School" sneakers.

awe....I like Foster the People...and Modest Mouse.

Hey I love Modest mouse. But would like to see the Foster the People tour bus drive into a river.

Yeah, I'm just saying I don't like the fact that everyone else does and thinks it makes them look cool. =P I also don't like the fact that you have to fit your photos within that square frame, I hate having to recompose my shot just to make it fit.

There are apps that put your photo in a square frame like "square it" for android. I forget the iphone counterpart app.

You NOT using Instagram just means MORE INSTAGRAM FOR ME,sucka!!!! lol

tumblr_manu3cP0jt1qzvhmwo1_500.jpg

Most reactions

Back