What's new

I dont usually do landscapes and know very little. C&C please

Dubaiian

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
184
Reaction score
18
Location
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Like these pictures but are they actually any good? I was trying to capture the wide openness of the Kenya plains in one and the brewing storm in the other.



$image-2792811393.webp



$image-2935072391.webp
 
in the first one, I think the top should be cropped off, and if the foreground is going to be that dark, might as well make it a pure silhouette and black it out entirely.

In the second one, what focal length are you using? It seems a bit too compressed to really impart a feeling of openness. It's a good picture, but I don't get openness. I usually think to make someone feel openness you need a very wide focal length, so that the scene envelops them. Even viewed really large, the picture seems far away.
 
I like both of them. Nicer than my photos and I think of myself as a landscape/nature photographer.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom