I feel as though I screwed up a whole lot of pics today

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was trying to get some photo referance to petition for some "No parking" signs here at a heavally used bus stop. Every morning when school is in session there are several busses that stop and several more that pass threw here. This bus stop is located on a "T" intersection and is not a main theurofair. For the past couple of years there have been people who park their vehicle right at this intersection. This is sevearly hindering the ability of the drivers to navigate this corner as well as putting many children ranging from K-12 grades at risk as the bus is has to cut the corner and jump the curb to avoid hitting the vehicle.

That said, I brought my camera to work with me last night and planed to get these pictures to aid in the petition this morning. As luck would have it the weather was less than cooperative, with the rain and heavy overcast conditions I had to use a tripod and expose at 1/4 with my 50mm in order to use a tight apriture with 800 film. On top of that I am trying to do this with out holding any busses up, in other words release, pickup the tripod run to the next position slam it down release and repete about fifteen times.

And then just to add to the my uncertanty I made the mistake of looking away from the camera to wright something down with children around and later found my aprature opened wide open and I don't know how long it was that way.

If everything went well all the time, what would the challenge be? :er:

Be glad it wasn't a paying job where you were handled as "the official photographer" and you had prearranged to get paid by the hour, only to later find your images where almost all black :shock: --- has happened to me and the hot flashes you get when you realise this at home don't compare to anything else.

(Had to give away the rescued pics as presents without charging anything - but I never got neither an order to make reprints, nor a new commission by those people :oops: - understandably so!)

We all have our bad days. Especially when the weather doesn't play nice. Try again tomorrow :)

Ironically, the wether was worse, rain sleet and snow (1/1 exposure required for f/16) and they managed to find a loophole to have it forcefuly removed from the intersection. I tried getting some shots of that just because.

Be glad it wasn't a paying job where you were handled as "the official photographer" and you had prearranged to get paid by the hour, only to later find your images where almost all black :shock: --- has happened to me and the hot flashes you get when you realise this at home don't compare to anything else.

(Had to give away the rescued pics as presents without charging anything - but I never got neither an order to make reprints, nor a new commission by those people :oops: - understandably so!)

Yeah, I can understand that, I am doing this for the safety of these children over all so I still have to hope they work. otherwise I'll have to redo it at the next possible time.

There is always going to be something that goes wrong no matter what business you run. The difference is how well you handle it and for the most part make the customer happy. Turn a bad experience into a good one in other words.

It shows! It sure does. And in the end it was not as much of a "screw-up" as you thought it was, eh?

It shows! It sure does. And in the end it was not as much of a "screw-up" as you thought it was, eh?

Definitely not as much of a screw up as I anticipated, I do take some pride in those contrary to my comments, I am one of those people who sees only my own mediocrity and failure. I know also that if conditions where better I could have done better but conditions don't always work out. That was a tough set of pictures to get and the fact some of them are as clear as they are does impress me knowing what I went threw to get them.

Most reactions

Back