What's new

I found an old spigot on the farm...C&C please

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
13,607
Reaction score
1,937
Location
State of Confusion
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't decide between the color or B&W, but I like the cropped one. What do ya'll think? All shot with 50mm f/1.8 at f/4, 1/200 and ISO 100.

#1 - normal


spigot.jpg


#2 - B&W Only have photoshop elements 3.0, just removed color and adjusted contrast.

spigot-bw.jpg


#3 Cropped at bit
spigot-close.jpg


Any thoughts are welcomed.
 
I like the first one the best.
The second one give too much weight to the water and the third one is a little too tight plus the spigot has a bit of a halo.

I think the interesting part of the photo is the repetion of shape, between the vertical pipe and the water. I think you should just crop it on the right side, up to the spigot.
 
dont like the B&W, you were lucky enough to find an old rusty spigot, so dont take that away from yourself. i think the crop was too much, give it back about an inch or two, just past the pipe and i would like it a whole lot more.
 
Either the timing or the weather hasn't been right to give it another go. I am out of town all next week, but when I return I shall try again. Thanks for all the feedback. It always helps.
 
Very nice images. The rustic look of this is great.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom