I found this

Probably well known but I'm going near here this weekend so was nosing on Google Earth to what else I could visit. Stonehenge might be worth a go too.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=51.47586,-1.820818&z=18&t=h&hl=en-GB
I do hope you're not expecting the crop circle to still be there...

As a local, I'd say that Woodhenge and Avebury are far better sites to visit than Stonehenge. Woodhenge is about a half mile north of Countess services on the A 303, about 10 miles short of Stonehenge, if you are coming from London end of the 303. Avebury is about 16 miles to the north east of Stonehenge (my guesses, please don't shoot me for them - but it's not far)

Avebury..... http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=51.47586,-1.820818&z=18&t=h&hl=en-GB

Not far from Avebury is Silbury hill - the largest man made stone age mound in the world, also the Kennet long barrow, so if you want pre-history, there's more away from Stonehenge than at it......

If you want crop circles, then the best bet locally is around Barbury Castle, immediately south of Swindon.

If you want more detail, please just ask.

Last edited:
you could visit my cousin there (Bulford Hill) ;)

Avebury is definitely worth a visit by the way, and so is Silbury hill I think,.. old sarum (Salisbury is also nice)

I know it won't be there. :p

I'm going to Wroughton for the weekend. If you're going to the car show at the science museum let me know and I'll try and meet you. I'll be on or around the Club Triumph "stand" (look for a small banner).

If you want crop circles, then the best bet locally is around Barbury Castle, immediately south of Swindon.

If you want more detail, please just ask.

do you make them to order?

do you make them to order?
No, but I know a man who does.....

Ferny - didn't know there was a car show on at the science museum - could well be there if the weathers half decent!

No, but I know a man who does.....

hmmmm..... if only we could find out when the plane will being doing the next update for Google Earth we could do a TPF logo crop circle

Stone Henge is cool. I don't think you can get that close to it anymore though can you?

I remember being there as a kid and I had this weird feeling.

Very similar to this time in St Catherines Ontario where I went to the top of the escarpment where they have a giant crucifix of lights. Apparently a lot of people jump there and it just felt like things were crawling up you skin.

Stonehenge = creepy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back