I got a thing!

The power plant would be cool. Even parts of northern Calvert are out. I'll try to get the 30-mile tomorrow - I was to jammin' busy today. I'm not sure from where (at DCA) the measurement would start - the center, the tower, the edge? The FAA web site isn't that specific (though I did learn about airspace classes.)

Where are you at, anyway? I'm in Waldorf (Westlake), near the mall.
Not sure if it's relevant to air space, but theres a pedestal in front of the White House that says that's where distance to D.C. is measured from. So 30 miles to D.C. on the ground at least is to that pedestal. So you could more or less use the White House as the reference point if it also is used for air space. I'm not sure though so don't take my word for air space distance on that.

And I'm in White Plains on the 301 side of 227. Small world.

The rule is 30 miles from Reagan National, so I'll use the center of the runway - that should be close enough for a an idea.

Quick & dirty DC no-drone zone (30 miles)

nodrones.GIF

created with ESRI ArcGIS Online (AGOL)

The no-fly zone is my arch nemesis at this time!

There's an oil rig a little off shore that should be in range of the drone too. May be able to get a few good shots of that.
The church on the hill on Chapel Point Rd just a little south of La Plata in Charles county is a spot I've been eyeing for a while. There's some beautiful views over the Port Tobacco River.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for all the potential locations! I'm compiling a big list and scouting them out for no-fly zones and other legality issues, I'll add these to it :)

Most reactions

Back