I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went and bought the 50mm f/1.8 today!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY WITH IT! I should have bought this a long time ago!

Anyway...it didnt come with a hood. Do I need to get one for this lens?

I put hoods on everything I own, but that is me.

Yeahhh the 50! I have a 28-135 IS lens that was a ridiculous amount of money...and I use my 50mm more..I love the pictures you get out of it.

Congrats.

I just use a cheap rubber hood (like THIS) for my 50mm (although I haven't used my 50mm in quite a while)

Or you could get the Canon plastic hood, which requires an adaptor because it's a bayonet mount hood and the lens only has threads. HERE

My 50mm is broken :( I can only shoot at f/1.8.

Tip: Don't let it fall off your bed onto a hard floor.

congrats. i own the same lens. love it. have fun :)

i own the nikon version :) i dont use a lens hood for it...makes it even more compact.
Ditto, but not for the same reason.

I use that lens in lower light situations. The only real good that a lens hood does (well besides the protection thingie), is prevent lens flare from shooting into the sun. Since I never use that lens in bright light situations, a hood is useless to me.

Now, I *do* use a quality UV filter on ALL my lenses for protection.

yeah my husband said to be glad it was just that...but she was soooo naughty i told her know, she giggled and slammed it to the floor

Anyways, enjoy it....dont let grabby toddlers near it. My new one will be here thursday

Yay for you!! I use the cheap rubber hood for mine too.

Most reactions

Back