I got my gear yesturday!!!

*LoveMyLife09*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm stoked!! I went and picked up my gear yesturday and LOVE it! I picked up a Canon 30D with 6500 actuations, 18-55mm, 75-300mm, 2 filters, a flash, a Kata backpack, a macro adapter, an 8GB and 2 GB memory cards all for $650!! Everything is like new. :D I will post a few shots in a few days for c&c. I can't wait to start playing around with it more. :D

I want to get a book (besides my manual, I have already been reading that) that will help me learn as much as I can about the 30D. I know, the manual is the best book...;)

Anyone read these books? Where they helpful? I'm trying to decide which one to get since I can't get both right this second. Any other recommendations?
Magic Lantern Guides: Canon EOS 30D by Rob Sheppard

Canon EOS 30D Guide to Digital SLR Photography by David D. Busch

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Congrats on the new camera, my advice to you about learning more about photography is to find someone else who has much more experience than you. What they (should) do is know a lot of the stuff in the book and filter it out to you as you progress along.

Then again reading a book never hurt anyone.

I would love to do that and I do have a few people in my family who know a little more than me but we are moving 12 hours away from them in less than a month. I don't get to see them very often (maybe 2x a month) so I won't have a chance to learn a whole lot from them. Plus I like to read...maybe a little to much sometimes:lol:

• Get Gear
  • Shoot first weekend
  • 2nd week = business cards
  • 3rd week = Shoot weddings.
all joking aside, good luck and welcome :)

:lol: no I'm going to school for nursing, I'm taking photos for my sanity! It's a relaxing hobby to unwind from 3 kids under 4, a full time job, and school. Why ruin a good thing with more stress.:lol:

Last edited:
Go to your local library and check books out. There is no need to purchase any of those. You can find very valuable resources online as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back