I got my Nikon D40!

here is the one I found on newegg.com. This will suffice correct? The only reason I ask is becuase it sais SDHC, so I just wanted to know. Thanks alot. and yes it's only 15.99. Here it is (description only)
A-DATA 4GB Secure Digital High-Capacity(SDHC) Class 6 Flash Card Model TurboSD SDHC 4G

Congrats! The D40 is a great little camera, arguably one of the best in Nikon's lineup. After you get the battery charged up and a better SD card (7 shots? :lmao: ) enjoy the sharper output and better high ISO performance than the 10MP cameras, faster and superior 1/500s flash sync, the "less excessive" file sizes, great ergonomics and menu system, the compact size and portability, and everything else. The next real step up in terms of either capability or image quality are the D200/D300 imho. The D40x/D60/D80 are just more complicated and clunky and still don't offer you much more real usability and actually have softer outputs. Not quite as crisp and clear as the D40. :)

here is the one I found on newegg.com. This will suffice correct? The only reason I ask is becuase it sais SDHC, so I just wanted to know. Thanks alot. and yes it's only 15.99. Here it is (description only)
A-DATA 4GB Secure Digital High-Capacity(SDHC) Class 6 Flash Card Model TurboSD SDHC 4G

I do not owned this camera, but according to dpreview, D40 support SDHC, so it should work.

Don't listen to the girl behind the counter who thinks it's a bad camera. It may be bad for her, or she could just be a dolt (haven't used that word in a while). Sure, its no D80, but the price isn't a D80 either. Honestly I would be ecstatic with a D40 if I had $500 to spend towards a new camera (or however much they are). I also think the whole spiel about it not working with non- AF-S lenses is exaggerated. I've seen the photos the D40 takes with its kit lenses and they are still VERY clear and crisp.

Congratulations! If you upgrade your camera anytime soon and are feeling charitable, remember my screen name :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a D40 and, under the right circumstances, it can even out-perform a D80. I own a D80 because it has features that are not present in lesser cameras. Those features are not necessarily important to everybody and certainly not for a noob.

I think that's exactly the one that I use :) It will work fine.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a D40 and, under the right circumstances, it can even out-perform a D80. I own a D80 because it has features that are not present in lesser cameras. Those features are not necessarily important to everybody and certainly not for a noob.

really? would you take a D40 over the D70s?

really? would you take a D40 over the D70s?

Yes, if those are my only options.

Of course, in my case, neither one will do the job and that's why I chose the D80.

Yes, if those are my only options.

Of course, in my case, neither one will do the job and that's why I chose the D80.

aah whats better about the D40 then :|

except the larger LCD which is of no importancee to me!

Austin Stevens is the business! One crazy motherf**ker!

*Aussie accent* "And here he is, a giant parenthie! I wonder what would happen if I stuck my bare foot into those sharp, deadly teeth of his! Oh look, he almost bit my leg off haha! Would you believe it!?"

Congrats on your purchase, I have a D40 and am extremely happy with it. The jump between a cheap P&S and the D40 has really opened my eyes, and once you feel that snap and click of the shutter, you'll never go back.

Buy at least a 2GB card. Amazon has stupidly low prices on SanDisk Extreme III's.

Once again, congrats!

The D40 is a great camera that will last you for years...

Don't forget to shoot in RAW!

D70s has the 1/500th im pretty sure

and they're the same price nowwww!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back