What's new

I got to try out Canon 70-200mm/4 NON-IS today

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
657
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And it was awesome. At f/4 and 200mm I had to bump the ISO to 800 to get a shutter speed of 1/500th of a second for some action shots of ducks. I'm worried my 40D won't handle ISO-800 very well, especially if I'm left having to crop some. Flying, incoming ducks landing was fun to shot, and the AF was pretty darn quick. The lens is inexpensive as well, but I can see the faster f/2.8 being handy. This was on a sunny day / overcast day.

One day, perhaps.... one day........
 
The 40D should be fine with ISO 800 on a properly exposed photo - just make sure you're not underexposing and run some good noise reduction over the shots and they should come out good.
 
Thanks, that's nice to know. I could do a ISO test myself, and not live off from sayings from others :P I just can't afford anything else than the f/4 non-is, but it's a great lens nonetheless.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom