I got wet...

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My town does their independence day parade early instead of the 4th so other people can attend the bigger ones but my town is usually the first in the state to do it so it gets really crowded and my town is SMALL. It was very hot, almost 100 degrees and humid. Yeah...it was horrible. I really didn't feel like shooting much but I got a few okayish shots. I didn't really try to cover the whole parade just tried to find different things to shoot.

I'm glad I choose to use my Fujifilm XF 35 f/2 WR because I really needed that WR haha. I got soaked from kids soaking everyone using those soakers.

Erwin-180630-22195-IridientEdit.jpg

You can see it before it even hit me haha. Don't worry, the XT2 is fine! But it definitely felt good getting sprayed with cold water lol.

This was probably my favorite shot, I wasn't really feeling it. (didn't help known my grandfather was taken to the ER that morning) Not a huge fan of these fast paced events anyways, its not for me and the 52mm equivalent focal length wasn't my forte for parades. I really wanted a telephoto but I wasn't able to get one in time. Originally, I was debating on renting the 50-140 but I wasn't sure about the weather so I decided to use what I had instead.

Glad the gear is OK. Best wishes for your Grand-dad.

Nice shot and good on having WR too.

Glad the gear is OK. Best wishes for your Grand-dad.

He's better now. But has to stay in the hospital for a few days for observation. He fell in his home and was in a lot of pain. Thinking he might have broke his hip but when the paramedics came they didn't know how to pick him up since has MD (Muscular Dystrophy) and they hurt a muscle in his leg that was causing severe pain. His hip is okay which was the main thing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back