I HATE Photoshop CS2

so you do color edits in RAW, highlighting, etc, then convert to tiff just because, and then convert again to jpg where you sharpen?

or....

you edit in RAW, convert to tiff, sharpen, and then convert to jpg finally? sounds like a lot of work.

One thing to remember is that you don't edit in RAW, JPG, etc. Those are formats that the data is saved in. People may not see much of a distiction, but there is one, and it can lead to confusion when trying to learn different workflows.

When you run a RAW file through the converter, it does change the gamma, number of color bits, and the color space that you are working in, but it doesn't become a TIFF or anything else. The file on your HD is a TIFF or JPG or whatever.

And yeah, an optimized workflow can seem like it has a lot of steps, but I don't think it's that bad when you get used to it.

when i said edit in raw i meant color correction and cropping. from there i would take it to jpg. sorry for not being more clear. i just got that book in the mail today from adobe. time to crack it open this weekend and give it a browse - through.
steve

I do the basics in raw converter, exposure, brightness etc, then convert, save as a tiff, do all corrections/enhancements in this format and save, then batch action all the folder to jpeg in another folder.
I work in tiff as jpeg is a lossy compression and I do not wish to lose any detail by open/closing the work several times in jpeg.
Jpeg is then written to cd for the lab prints.

I use the Canon DPP software to batch convert the RAW's to 8-bit TIF's then I use CS2/Bridge to browse and process. I send TIF's to the lab on DVD's for printing.....I am actually thinking of trying PhaseOne instead of CS2....

Most reactions

Back