I hope you guys don't take this wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennielou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm someone who makes my living, doing photography. I don't have any other job.

But I didn't start out that way. :) I just liked it, and it was a dream of mine. I was lucky to make it real.

I learned a lot on this forum, and a few people here took me under their wing. I learned a ton. I learned other places too, doing apprentice work. I listened to everyone I knew who wanted to help me.

And so that is why I come here and try to give back. I try to help people, sometimes fix things for them, put up tutes, that kind of thing, because I want to give back.

But sometimes I am kind of freaked out by the resistance. Hey, you don't have to listen to me. I have no idea why anyone would listen to someone with no website and no business experience, but it happens everyday here.

People get slammed or get crazy advice. They aren't checking out the source of the information. They read these crazy posts and figure because someone said it, it's a fact.

I would suggest everyone check out the source of the info you are given.

I am suprised that I get a lot more newcomers arguing with me, than seasoned pros.

This is not a place in my opinion, to flex your muscle unless you can back it up. Let the reader decide. Sooooooo many people don't have websites with their work examples here. Why would anyone in their right mind listen to them????? They could be taking photos at Walmart for all you know.

Do your research, and listen to the people making the most sense to you.
I wish you all the very best.

Don't encrouage him....he'll start with those 300mm f2.8 images and then there will be no saving things........

If anyone wants to see my shots - flickr in the profile sig :)

Stay at home homeschooling mom with a hobby (that pays) on the side!

Jen Lavazza Photography Babies and Children are my forte!

Still NEED and WANT help though!!

My photos get slammed by newbies all the time....I just shrug it off and listen to those that count. I've learned a TON from here and am very grateful!

Thanks for your help BTW!

Don't encrouage him....he'll start with those 300mm f2.8 images and then there will be no saving things........

If anyone wants to see my shots - flickr in the profile sig :)

No i'm going out in 15 mins to get pissed and listen to a rock band :p just waitng for the rock chick to get ready

Is this where people are supposed to post up a link to their websites to validate their existance?

:drool:

Sometimes people who don't do this for a living offer valid CC. They see the photo as a consumer-- not a professional. I don't think anyone's opinion or advice should be ignored.

Last edited:
Sometimes people who don't do this for a living offer valid CC. They see the photo as a consumer-- not a professional. I don't anyone's opinion or advice should be ignored.

this is how i look at pictures

Sometimes people who don't do this for a living offer valid CC. They see the photo as a consumer-- not a professional. I don't anyone's opinion or advice should be ignored.

Well said, and I agree. I have received amazing advice from people who are new to the hobby. Everyone sees things with a different set of eyes and interprets them based on who they are and their past experiences. Its what makes us unique.

Well said, and I agree. I have received amazing advice from people who are new to the hobby. Everyone sees things with a different set of eyes and interprets them based on who they are and their past experiences. Its what makes us unique.
and sometimes breaking the rules makes the art

I am a beginner who likes to critique photos because I beleive it can help me see new things and improve my own photography. I usually identify myself as a beginner so the person posting the photos will know that I do not profess to be an expert. Often I will bypass commenting on certain photos because I don't have the knowlenge to contribute anything helpful. I appreciate the experience the guys like you bring to the table.

Is this where people are supposed to post up a link to their websites to validate their existance?

:drool:

Is that what this thread is about? Thanks, bigtwinky! I was sooooo confused!

In that case:

Hi. I'm AnneRiceBowl, and I shoot people for a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back