What's new

I just baught a new computer!

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
680
Reaction score
4
Location
New Jersey
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seemed like a good deal. The desktop with 20" monitor for only 600.

I just went to best buy on my break.

Go to bestbuy.com
You can enter these SKUs in bestbuys search bar.
Desktop: Model: CM5571-BR003 SKU: 9699016
Screen: Model: VE205N SKU: 9704638

They are slick mo-fos because their urls are dead links :x

Let me know what you think?

The only thing i need now is a screen calibration software! Any recomendations?
 
Last edited:
Is this SPAM? Or did you mean to post this on a computer forum?
 
Not a bad price but the computer really isn't anything special. Enough hard drive space and Ram. I paid the same price for a Core 2 Quad over a year ago, and that came with a 22" monitor. I didn't get 6gb of memory however.

Unless that model of the Intel GMA is nicer then other ones I've had in the past, you might want to consider a higher in graphics card. Depends on how many games and how much photo editing you do though.
​
 
Good for the price if you don't know how to build your own computer, or don't want to reuse perfectly good parts from a prior system.

After figuring out how to construct my own system, I just find it difficult to buy a beige box computer.

If your ok with using things such as the same case, monitor, keyboard, mouse, sound card, etc.. you can really get your dollar to go further.

For about the same price as what you got, give or take $50, i was able to go to a core i5, 5770, mobo, 4GB DDR3, blu-ray burner, and a new case. just used the same monitor, keyboard, mouse, PSU, speakers, monitor, sound card, and hard disks and was golden. The only reason i got the blu-ray burner was because my new motherboard doesn't have an IDE port on it.


the key is just keeping what you have that's good, and only upgrading the core parts. CPU, GPU, RAM, MOBO, and maybe HD.

If you learn it, you can save yourself tons, and get ALOT more bang for the buck.

and really, it's not difficult either, if ti doesn't fit in the socket, that's obviously not where it goes!
 
Is this SPAM? Or did you mean to post this on a computer forum?

I should have put ... THIS IS NOT SPAM! lol

I put it on this forum so hopefully computer savvy photographers can give some feedback on a system that could or could not be ideal. I can elaborate more upon request :lmao:
 
Good for the price if you don't know how to build your own computer, or don't want to reuse perfectly good parts from a prior system.

After figuring out how to construct my own system, I just find it difficult to buy a beige box computer.

If your ok with using things such as the same case, monitor, keyboard, mouse, sound card, etc.. you can really get your dollar to go further.

For about the same price as what you got, give or take $50, i was able to go to a core i5, 5770, mobo, 4GB DDR3, blu-ray burner, and a new case. just used the same monitor, keyboard, mouse, PSU, speakers, monitor, sound card, and hard disks and was golden. The only reason i got the blu-ray burner was because my new motherboard doesn't have an IDE port on it.


the key is just keeping what you have that's good, and only upgrading the core parts. CPU, GPU, RAM, MOBO, and maybe HD.

If you learn it, you can save yourself tons, and get ALOT more bang for the buck.

and really, it's not difficult either, if ti doesn't fit in the socket, that's obviously not where it goes!

You sir are correct. I figured asus makes great computer hardware and hopefully they used some of those goodies in my comp! I have only owned laptops for a while so old parts were ..... OLD and basiclly useless. I was lazy and thought it was a good value.
 
As far as I know, the hardware 'Spyder' is basically the same. The differences are in the software that comes with either package.
http://spyder.datacolor.com/s3compare.php

For example, the 'Express' kit only allows you to adjust one screen on a system and doesn't have some of the options that the pro version does.

I've got the express version myself (with a Spyder II, not the current III version). It pretty much does what I need, although I do use a dual monitor set up, so I only have have one monitor calibrated.

Also, do you use this product?
After installing the software, you run the program and it asks you to place the 'Spyder' over the screen. It then runs through a series of colors and creates a profile for the display, which is automatically loaded at start up. So it's really quite simple. This calibration should be done on a routine basis...maybe once a week or once every month or two.
 
As far as I know, the hardware 'Spyder' is basically the same. The differences are in the software that comes with either package.
Spyder3 Solution Comparison Chart - Datacolor - Global Leader in Color Management Solutions

For example, the 'Express' kit only allows you to adjust one screen on a system and doesn't have some of the options that the pro version does.

I've got the express version myself (with a Spyder II, not the current III version). It pretty much does what I need, although I do use a dual monitor set up, so I only have have one monitor calibrated.

Also, do you use this product?
After installing the software, you run the program and it asks you to place the 'Spyder' over the screen. It then runs through a series of colors and creates a profile for the display, which is automatically loaded at start up. So it's really quite simple. This calibration should be done on a routine basis...maybe once a week or once every month or two.

Informative! Thank you.
 
dude core i7 processors where its at, you can build your own pc much better than that one for 500 bucks, sucks
 
dude core i7 processors where its at, you can build your own pc much better than that one for 500 bucks, sucks

what? You couldn't get 2 i7's by themselves for $500, let alone the other parts to have a functional machine.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom