I just dropped out of JHU rant.

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry, I know I'm new here, but I just needed a place to vent. I had been at Johns Hopkins for a bit over a year now for my masters, and I have decided that it's a waste of my time. Grad school = overrated. Top 10 = overrated. I make more than what JHU can give in ROI. sigh. Sorry. No need for responses. Dear diary. bye.

Master in what?

I am convinced that college degrees only matter in getting your first job, after that it's a piece of paper.

Then again I have a communication's major so...

It's a master in biotechnology. I am partner is three companies....JHU was just a fill of time thing.

totally hear ya. I had those same type of thoughts when I dropped out of sixth grade. Paper route was already paying pretty good.

So would I get smacked for pointing out that you were a year and a half into a masters program before you learned math? Ya.. probably. Nevermind. Nothing to see here folks. Back to what you were doing. Move along.. lol

Sorry, I know I'm new here, but I just needed a place to vent. I had been at Johns Hopkins for a bit over a year now for my masters, and I have decided that it's a waste of my time. Grad school = overrated. Top 10 = overrated. I make more than what JHU can give in ROI. sigh. Sorry. No need for responses. Dear diary. bye.

what about the money you spent up until you dropped out? just think. now you have no masters to show for that. all that money wasted.... all that money could have spent on alcohol wasted. You might as well finish it now and pay off your bar tab when its over...

If you don't have too many classes left I would stick with it. This is one of those things where in 30 years you may regret not finishing. My dad was 3-4 classes away from his Masters in History when he agreed to go from Reserve to FT Active status in the USAF and was transferred overseas (he was a reservist that was activated for Vietnam and they never "de-activated" him, he finally retired after 23 years in). He always says that he wished he'd gone back and finished those last few courses and gotten his degree. Once he was back stateside most of the courses he'd taken had expired and he would have had to take them all over again, since he didn't want to invest the $$ again he never went back. He wishes he had finished when he first started.

It's been slow going guys, and bribrius, I've spent my fair share in alcohol during undergrad. Learned math? Nope, not even after I graduated. I'm a six sigma black belt and still don't know math. Even though I was a bit over a year in, I would have not finished until 2016/17 because of my other obligations that has priority.

It's been slow going guys, and bribrius, I've spent my fair share in alcohol during undergrad. Learned math? Nope, not even after I graduated. I'm a six sigma black belt and still don't know math. Even though I was a bit over a year in, I would have not finished until 2016/17 because of my other obligations that has priority.
well its all over now. Might as well bring the family, go live in a commune. pitch a tent. Buy yourself a bag of dope and tell old stories around a shroom campfire. Maybe make some trinkets of plastic jewelry beads and sell them on craiglist or have the kids sell them at a roadside stand? I know where there is some acreage. you can hang out over there, collect acorns, that kind of thing. I mean if you are going down this road anyway you might as well go all the way. kick back. The best things in life are free and you only live once approach.

don't worry about the student loans, bills, all that.
There isn't much they can do, they aren't allowed to kill ya so its all just more paperwork.

(save a spot for me in a few years im going that route im cashing out. The rat race is for rats)

LMAO

Don't sweat it, math is overrated anyway.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Don't sweat it, math is overrated anyway.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk
it really is. in fact intelligence is. That is why the dumb people are always happier.

Most reactions

Back