I just dropped out of JHU rant.

It's been slow going guys, and bribrius, I've spent my fair share in alcohol during undergrad. Learned math? Nope, not even after I graduated. I'm a six sigma black belt and still don't know math. Even though I was a bit over a year in, I would have not finished until 2016/17 because of my other obligations that has priority.

Don't sweat it, math is overrated anyway.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk
it really is. in fact intelligence is. That is why the dumb people are always happier.

dumb people wouldn't be so happy if they knew how dumb they really were

it really is. in fact intelligence is. That is why the dumb people are always happier.

That would probably send me careening into the depths of despair if I had the first clue what you were talking about. Lol

I am working on my masters now, and in my field it is a huge deal, but I can't say that for too many fields these days. It is keeping me busy though. My time on the forum is suffering. ;)

It's been slow going guys, and bribrius, I've spent my fair share in alcohol during undergrad. Learned math? Nope, not even after I graduated. I'm a six sigma black belt and still don't know math. Even though I was a bit over a year in, I would have not finished until 2016/17 because of my other obligations that has priority.
I would still finish. Just because I would always say what if.

I am working on my masters now, and in my field it is a huge deal, but I can't say that for too many fields these days. It is keeping me busy though. My time on the forum is suffering. ;)

What is your speciality?

I would still finish. Just because I would always say what if.

Perhaps it would be worth it if I worked for someone, but because I don't, there is no real value other than academic enrichment for me.

bumd qɘoqlɘ woulbn'ƚ dɘ ƨo ʜɒqqy iʇ ƚʜɘy ʞnɘw ʜow bumd ƚʜɘy ɿɘɒlly wɘɿɘ

The Johns Hopkins?? Seems like it would be worth considering trying to continue if you don't have that much more coursework to go - this late in the semester it might be better to at least finish your current classes. Even if you're not working now that doesn't mean you might not have a job opportunity someday that you could use the degree.

Maybe going to school there wasn't a good fit for you and a transfer to another school and/or a different major would be an option to at least get some benefit from the courses you took. If it's not for you then maybe it would be better after the semester ends to move on and find something better for you.

I'm a six sigma black belt and still don't know math.
$red-neck-ninja.jpg

This may very well be the right choice for you. But just because grad school might be overrated for people who are already partners in three biotech companies, (i.e. like 0.1% of the population considering it) does not at all mean "grad school is overrated" in general.

I apologize if all you meant was "for me," but for the average person, grad school (even including humanities in the mix) adds like $20,000 or something salary on average to bachelor's only, measured 4 years from graduation. For biotech, it's probably much larger of a difference.

So a typical grad student with tuition covered by teaching assistsantships is only out by the amount of their lost earning potential during grad school years, which the higher resulting salary can make up easily in well under a decade, then it's all gravy. On average.

The Johns Hopkins?? Seems like it would be worth considering trying to continue if you don't have that much more coursework to go - this late in the semester it might be better to at least finish your current classes. Even if you're not working now that doesn't mean you might not have a job opportunity someday that you could use the degree.

Maybe going to school there wasn't a good fit for you and a transfer to another school and/or a different major would be an option to at least get some benefit from the courses you took. If it's not for you then maybe it would be better after the semester ends to move on and find something better for you.

Yes, The Johns Hopkins. I haven't actually dropped yet; although, I may be taking an academic sabbatical. The program is great. I am just a bit burnt.

This may very well be the right choice for you. But just because grad school might be overrated for people who are already partners in three biotech companies, (i.e. like 0.1% of the population considering it) does not at all mean "grad school is overrated" in general.

I apologize if all you meant was "for me," but for the average person, grad school (even including humanities in the mix) adds like $20,000 or something salary on average to bachelor's only, measured 4 years from graduation. For biotech, it's probably much larger of a difference.

So a typical grad student with tuition covered by teaching assistsantships is only out by the amount of their lost earning potential during grad school years, which the higher resulting salary can make up easily in well under a decade, then it's all gravy. On average.

You are correct, Gav. Grad school is not overrated, and my post was simply a rant. Grad school not only increases an individual's salary, it also allows the individual to be more competitive.

What is your speciality?
I am working toward becoming a nurse practitioner. I would like to specialize in mental health, but I want to stay in emergency medicine.

Last edited:

What is your speciality?
I am working toward becoming a nurse practitioner. I would like to specialize in mental health.

Vell now, let me ask you........Do you love your modder and fadder?

How does dis make you feel?

I vant you to look at some ink shpots and tell me zhe first thing that comes into your mind.

Give it up Kathy, you will never be able to grow the goatee. :mrgreen:

Okay, seriously, good luck and hang in there. I know you won't be a quitter. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back