I just found this...

phew!!! looks like something they found in sadam's palace!!!! haha

thats cool though, they need to chrome one out next.

I'm all for pimping out your camera, but what bugs me is that they make these things, and then they just sit in a fancy commemorative box.

ksmattfish said:
I'm all for pimping out your camera, but what bugs me is that they make these things, and then they just sit in a fancy commemorative box.

yes, that's right, but on the other hand... would you use such "thing"?
I guess they shouldn't do them in the first place. Besides, it's just horrible!

I was thinking that this was the kind of camera some movie star could waltz down the red carpet at the academy awards or something, and give the paprazzi a taste of their own medicine.

Leica is notorious for making special edition, gold and gem encrusted, exotic leatheretted cameras to commemorate things like the Princess of Norway's new litter of puppies.

panocho said:
yes, that's right, but on the other hand... would you use such "thing"?
I guess they shouldn't do them in the first place. Besides, it's just horrible!

Sure, I'd use it. I'd never purchase it on my own, but if I somehow got a hold of it, it would be a user. But I like weird cameras, and have plans to pimp out my own favorite cameras.

Check out www.cameraleather.com for some styling leatherettes.

I have an old, medium format folder that I think would look great with the chrome buffed off so you can see the brass, a leopard print bellows, and some sort of fake exotic reptile skin for the leather.

Hey fellas,
You don't load it, you just wear it around your neck.

They may make a little spinner lens cap for it. That would be sweet. :D

I find it strange that the seller offers such a poor description for an expensive camera. No mention of a CLA, lense condition (fungus, scratches, ect.) doesn't say how much use it's seen but implies none or little, short track record of seller for selling an expensive item. You would think a collector's item would have a much better description and more pics.

never touched by human hands? then how did this person take it out of the box for pictures? gloves? I'm sure whoever made it touched it.

photong said:
never touched by human hands? then how did this person take it out of the box for pictures? gloves? I'm sure whoever made it touched it.

gloves.

well... well... well... blah :) I don't have something like THAT :)

photong said:

You're missing the logic in your own statement - never touched by *human* hands.

It's quite clearly the work of mischievous space monkeys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back