I know it's a crappy photo...but did I find one?

JWellman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jwellmandesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it a young bald eagle. Maybe?? Someone tell me I found one and it's not some super-sized-butt-ugly-buzzard. :lol:

The photos stink... I know ... but if it's an eagle at least I know where to go!

bird_1.jpg

bird2.jpg

I'm looking in my bird book. It does resemble an immature bald eagle. Size would be a key in helping decide. A Harris' Hawk is the only one I see that comes close to the size of an eagle and it definitely does not look like a Harris' Hawk. Also, where was the picture taken?
It's hard to tell for certain from the photo, but I would say there's a good chance that it is indeed an immature bald eagle!

It's been confirmed! It's a young bald eagle. I'm so happy... months of searching and I finally found one.

I found him at Patoka Lake in Indiana near the Newton-Stewart boat ramp. It was almost dark when I found him. I'm headed back to find his mama & papa. :sexywink: Hopefully with better light this time!

Yup a bald eagle. Wish I could find a nest near me. EricD takes a lot of amazing shots of these birds. Look at his stuff.

Most reactions

Back