I Like Trains....C&C....

rat_1_ca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3202703136_08aaf4d5c0_b.jpg

Feels a bit odd too me.. My instinct is to say it's a bit too closely cropped. Needs more foreground and perhaps to the left. As it is the train is leading me off the page not into the page and I actually have to force my eye a bit to look at the front of the train.

Agree, my eye goes to the back. And if I do come to the front, I'm worried that the engine is going to fall over to the left. - TF

I think trains make an interesting subject.

Here's one I shot on New Years Eve.

IMG_2469.jpg

I would say your shot is a little under exposed and needs to be turned straight so it's not angled to the left.

Did you shoot in RAW or JPG format?

train.jpg

I just changed the crop a little leaving more open space to the left, the direction in which the train is moving. I also straitened the image, brightened it a little and increased the saturation a little. I could do more with the RAW file, but this should give you an idea.

Don't crop too close, show some of the surrounding. Trains often operate in city/urban/grungy environments... it's part of what they are. Leave some of the environment in there.

That's my opinion anyway. :)

MUCH better crop Tharmsen.. I think I'd leave a little more of the track in but overall sits much better to the eye.

MUCH better crop Tharmsen.. I think I'd leave a little more of the track in but overall sits much better to the eye.
You're absolutely right. I was going to go back and import it into Lightroom (I edited it in Photoshop) and this time leave a little more track and do some more work with the detail and color... but decided I got my point across with the quick edit.

But yes, leave more of the track.

rat_1_ca, nice photo, just needs a bit editing. Tharmsen, great crop! The photo looks so much better now.

Most reactions

Back