I lost My Hard Drive, I thought.

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My Macbook Pro started asking strange like programs not opening and just spinning for ever then on shut down it took ten minutes +. On next boot up there was nothing more then a folder flashing question mark,Not good I know. I got into the disk utility too find the HD was missing,Oh No a double not good. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with tech support but my computer was 3 months outside warranty and to no avail, it was suspect of a hardware failure.

The tech guy put me on hold to check somethings and comeback on the phone to tell me that I am outside the warranty but apple is going to make a exception and replace the Hard Drive free of charge.He scheduled a appointment with the Apple Genius Store and 2 hours latter It was ready for pick up.Come to find out, it was not the Hard Drive but like the SATA cable that connects to it and it bit the dust and lost all communication.

Every once in a while we get great customer service and someone that bends over backwards to help people out. I am impressed by the tech support and pleased with the outcome.My baby is back up and running smooth but the next time I will take a extended warranty.

I could have easily changed my own drive but it would not have fixed it and I would have had to spent all the time reinstalling parts and software which Apple did all this for me in 2 hours up to the latest OS and updates.

Wow...great story bro! Thank goodness they took care of you,and that it was only a bad cable!

Thanks Derrel.

Another reason to buy Apple. I had a similar issue with my 27" iMac. Was a year out of warranty and I began to get the dreaded color shift across the screen. Took it to the Apple store, they took it in back. Called me the next day. It had a bad screen that needed to be replaced, it was out of warranty and the screen was $500.00.................................................................................However, they found a tiny bit of contamination in the screen, they called Service central and the repair was free. Picked it up a week later.

Glad to hear Apple is making another happy customer there shadow.

Way to go apple! So glad you got good customer service! (and didn't loose your hardrive)

This is being typed on an 8 year old iMac that still works well. The browser software is about to be non-supported so I'm not sure what I'll do 'cause there's no cash for a new desktop. But I do have an Intel Macbook.

Apple is all I've ever owned. And it will remain that way 'cept I gotta pick up an old Windoz box so I can run the Photo Secretary software I have for my Nikon F5.

This is being typed on an 8 year old iMac that still works well. The browser software is about to be non-supported so I'm not sure what I'll do 'cause there's no cash for a new desktop. But I do have an Intel Macbook.

Apple is all I've ever owned. And it will remain that way 'cept I gotta pick up an old Windoz box so I can run the Photo Secretary software I have for my Nikon F5.

Why not just run it on the macbook under windoz?

Most reactions

Back