What's new

I.......... love a parade! (photo heavy!)

480sparky48 48

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Todays' local festival:

1
Parade8312Post.jpg


2
Parade8255Post.jpg


3
Parade8268Post.jpg


4
Parade8321Post.jpg


5
Parade8341Post.jpg


6
Parade8346Post.jpg


7
Parade8356Post.jpg


8
Parade8371Post.jpg


9
Parade8387Post.jpg


10
Parade8407Post.jpg


11
Parade8438Post.jpg


12
Parade8451Post.jpg


13
Parade8460Post.jpg


14
Parade8480Post.jpg


15
Parade8502Post.jpg


16
Parade8464Post.jpg



Comments welcome!
 
For me, all photos are perfectly taken and well detailed. By the way Sparky, what kind of camera are you using here? :D
 
You had me when you started off with Boy Scouts!
I spent many a year getting scouts ready to march in the parade...such fun!

What was the festival about?


Local festival they do instead of the 4th of July.... Governor's Day as the city is named after one.


What is sad is the total lack of respect for the flag these days. When I was that age, I'd get my head smacked and my butt kicked if I did what the sideliners are doing in that photo. I think I was the only one who took my hat off.

I remember parades in my youth where I was simply amazed at the invisible wave that swept down the street as the flag was presented.... Everyone fell silent, stood up and placed their hands on their hearts. New soldiers in crisp new uniforms snapped a salute, as did old soldiers in bib overalls. The only sounds were the scout's feet and the engines of the upcoming fire trucks.

Today, it's GIMME THE CANDY! THROW ME THE CANDY!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
480sparky said:
Local festival they do instead of the 4th of July.... Governor's Day as the city is named after one.

What is sad is the total lack of respect for the flag these days. When I was that age, I'd get my head smacked and my butt kicked if I did what the sideliners are doing in that photo. I think I was the only one who took my hat off.

I remember parades in my youth where I was simply amazed at the invisible wave that swept down the street as the flag was presented.... Everyone fell silent, stood up and placed their hands on their hearts. New soldiers in crisp new uniforms snapped a salute, as did old soldiers in bib overalls. The only sounds were the scout's feet and the engines of the upcoming fire trucks.

Today, it's GIMME THE CANDY! THROW ME THE CANDY!!!!!!

Because people today are more apathetic and/or more ignorant than back then?

I really like the Case tractor photo. My dad's side of the family has been a dealer of Case equipment for a LONG time.
 
You had me when you started off with Boy Scouts!
I spent many a year getting scouts ready to march in the parade...such fun!

What was the festival about?


Local festival they do instead of the 4th of July.... Governor's Day as the city is named after one.


What is sad is the total lack of respect for the flag these days. When I was that age, I'd get my head smacked and my butt kicked if I did what the sideliners are doing in that photo. I think I was the only one who took my hat off.

I remember parades in my youth where I was simply amazed at the invisible wave that swept down the street as the flag was presented.... Everyone fell silent, stood up and placed their hands on their hearts. New soldiers in crisp new uniforms snapped a salute, as did old soldiers in bib overalls. The only sounds were the scout's feet and the engines of the upcoming fire trucks.

Today, it's GIMME THE CANDY! THROW ME THE CANDY!!!!!!


I agree, it's sad. I see a bit more respect than that around here, but not like when I was little and everyone knew to get quiet and remove your hats and place your hand on your heart when the flag was presented.
I'm most annoyed at ball games these days, where I've seen people just continue eating, drinking and talking while the Star Spangled Banner is played.

On another note: I'm also annoyed by the fact that now your signature isn't just down below your post and creeping into my "reply" space...it's actually FOLLOWING me, scrolling down as I type and completely covering over what I type.
So this whole post is likely going to be a mess of typos. I just hope when I go to edit it, your sig won't still be covering it up.

EDIT: Yay, the signature didn't follow me this time! That was very odd. And for the record, I only had ONE typo that was caused by not actually being able to SEE what I'd typed. Yay me!
 
[Q.........On another note: I'm also annoyed by the fact that now your signature isn't just down below your post and creeping into my "reply" space...it's actually FOLLOWING me, scrolling down as I type and completely covering over what I type.
So this whole post is likely going to be a mess of typos. I just hope when I go to edit it, your sig won't still be covering it up.
..........


Click on the Go Advanced button in the bottom right. That will solve the issue.
 
[Q.........On another note: I'm also annoyed by the fact that now your signature isn't just down below your post and creeping into my "reply" space...it's actually FOLLOWING me, scrolling down as I type and completely covering over what I type.
So this whole post is likely going to be a mess of typos. I just hope when I go to edit it, your sig won't still be covering it up.
..........




Click on the Go Advanced button in the bottom right. That will solve the issue.

DUH. I knew that. I just never think to do it. :D
And, your sig isn't doing that now, anyway. It only did it that one time. Weird.
Also, I'm seeing different amounts of your sig in every post. In your first two posts, I don't see your sig at all. In the third one, I see the whole thing, and in the last one, I can see all but the last line. Wonky doesn't even begin to describe the layout problems lately.
 
Ahhhh....makes me feel good to see these! Thx Sparky!
 
Very nice Sparky, especially like the #10. Is it an old tractor?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom