I love the nightlife, Iv'e got to boogie...

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Grrr...I had typed a lot, and when I posted, the post went all wonky into code. So...the EXIF should be in the image.

Handheld
3714732607_d466e501ef_o.jpg

Tripod
3710024770_2a3ef765ff_o.jpg

#3 (just for fun)
3714590893_319288c6cd_o.jpg

Last edited:
i sure could go for cold stone now....lol

Lol, the cold stone sign got me too!

#2 is great! I love the effect of the slow shutter and the lights going by. #1 might have benefited from a slow shutter shot too just to get the car motion to keep the focus on the building lights.

those look great! :)

what's the 3rd picture of?

mind sharing your settings? I don't know how to look them up... I must not be doing the right click thing correctly...:meh:

You got #1 at 1/10?! Must be the IS. And some stabilization mojo.

I like #3 the most. Though compositionally #2 is pretty compelling.

Something about #3 really does it for me. Good choice on the pano crop as well.

Wow, I can't believe you folks really like #3!
It was shot from a car :)

ISO 100
15" EXP
22 Ap
Nifty Fifty

I know what made all the light streaks EXCEPT the bright yellow streak.

Here's another:
3714590823_555ba78550_o.jpg

As for #1, I actually darkened it in post, a little. The shot was all about the light and reflection. I didn't want details from the buildings. I also waited for traffic to stop, twice. Some cars don't reflect as nicely as others ;). Here's a lighter shot, with moving traffic. This is not the shot I was going for. I had intent behind my shot (#1). I wanted a specific feel.

Now that you can see this both ways, I want to know...

How does each image make you FEEL?

#1(B)
IMG_4659-Edit.jpg

F/4
1/3"
ISO 100
55mm (55-250mm)

#1 is the same except 1/10" both handheld.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd147/bitterjeweler/ForumCrap/IMG_4659-Edit.jpg

i really like the 1st shot... you get reflection from the cars from the lights in the buildings... if i had taken that shot I would have done the same thing.

I like #1 and your pp is correct in my book. This photo is about the reflections and they work very nicely.

#2 doesn't do anything for me. Personal taste I guess.

#3 I just love. I don't care what it's about. I just like it.

I like #4 (also known as: here's another) too but not as much. The composition of that one does not work as well for me.

first picture is awesome and 3rd picture looks like sounds waves shown as visualization of some music playing software =)

I like # 1 the best, though #2 is good also. As for 1 vs. 1B, I still like 1 the best, I like the reflections and it makes me feel as though I'm "there", that feeling is lost somehow in 1B.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back