I need a small camera for concerts.

DaMc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new camera. I've been using a Canon Powershot A95 for the last few years and it's starting to give up the ghost.
Here's what I need:
Pocket sized
Swivel screen
Good in low-light situations (low noise, high iso)
Video is a plus, but not a deal-breaker.

I like a lot of things about the Canon TX-1, but it doesn't seem to get very good reviews in low-light situations.

I primarily take pictures at local rock shows, so I need something small. I don't want to go into these places with a big dslr that I have to protect or be afraid will get beer spilled onto it. But, it needs to take decent, print-quality pictures.

Take a look at the Canon G7 & G9 also. The specs on the new G9 is fairly impressive.

Thanks for those recommendations.

The S5 IS looks alright, but it's a little bigger than I really want. The G5 and the G7 don't have the swivel screen. Maybe that's gimmicky, but it's really important to me.

Well see the problem with what your asking is that most small cameras are really bad at high iso. Your really looking for the holy grail of cameras so to speak. Might want to look at the nikon coolpix p5100 not sure how it performs but it doesnt have the swivel screen. you might have to sacrifice one of your demands.

With a good enough angle of view, you may be able to forego the swivel screen. If overhead shots is what you deem neccesary at concerts, etc. The view angles on the newer LCD's are upwards of 130 degrees.

Take a look at the G9 in person, it's probably got an LCD that's viewing angle is good enough to use overhead.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back