I need someone with a calibrated monitor to check this.

@FITBMX I haven't used LR that much concentrating my efforts more on PS, but I believe there is an adjustment brush in LR for "Iris" and "Sharpening" with a selective mask for the eyes. Just be careful to not overdo it as it will look unatural.

I also noticed this technique which looks interesting for selectively brightening the eyes. Brightening Eyes in Lightroom (ala Kristina Sherk) - Lightroom Killer Tips

I also believe there is a "skin softening" adjustment brush that also has a tint slider that should allow you to even out the skin tones.

However I would caution you that when making adjustments in LR that you use a copy of your original, because unlike PS where you can use non-destructive layers LR adjustments modify the image.

I did a little more adjusting and ordered a few prints, I will see how they turn out.
I hated that near black BG but it was all I had. I wanted to do a reshoot, and get a light setup on the BG itself to light it up a little, but I was hardly able to get her (this is my sister) to do this the first time, and she wasn't very cooperative. The only reason she did is because Mom wanted a grad photo of her. I wanted to do a second shoot outside, but she said forget it! I hate working with family! :048:

Thanks for all the help! :)

Most reactions

Back