I need someone with a calibrated monitor to check this.

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to get a few prints of this, but I don't have a calibrated monitor. Could one of you be so kind as to tell me if this is good for printing or if I need to change it. I know this isn't the best crop and I have already changed that, this is just the small file size which I haven't changed. But the larger print file is a better crop. I mostly just don't want any of the black on her to blend into the background.
These prints are just for mom and dad so it isn't a big deal. I have posted this before, but C&C still welcome.

Tobey grad #1.jpg

slight greenish/yellow more noticeable on chin and neck.

And it looks to be under exposed by about 1.5 stops.

BTW- you can access the exposure of a person without a calibrated display - by looking at the histogram or the value of the Red channel. Ideally you want skin highlights to be at about 235 to 240 in the red channel.

Last edited:
re-calibrated my monitor just to look at this. (colormunki display)

does appear a tad underexposed. not a ton though.
i am seeing that very slight green tint that tirediron mentioned.

try bumping the exposure a bit and dropping the green channel a little.
you dont have to brighten it JUST with the exposure slider though.
you can adjust some with exposure, and some with highlights since theres mostly dark colors there.

otherwise, I like it.

@KmH I believe you're right! LOL The original loaded into LR showed -.48 on exposure. A +.95 exposure made it look a lot better. Would revisit your WB though as it had that slight tinge even after a boost to exposure.

Thanks everyone, I will make the changes and see how it turns out. :)

this is how I kinda envisioned it.

That looks great, I will use it for reference. :)
I remember when I shot this I had a really hard time with the WB, I just couldn't get it right. It turned out to be a mistake on my part. I don't get enough of a chance to practice my portrait work, as much as I would like. :)

this is how I kinda envisioned it.

That looks great, I will use it for reference. :)
I remember when I shot this I had a really hard time with the WB, I just couldn't get it right. It turned out to be a mistake on my part. I don't get enough of a chance to practice my portrait work, as much as I would like. :)

i didnt adjust much.
adjusted WB maybe +7 to the cooler side.
brought up exposure only a little.
dropped red channel +50
+ highlights,
deepened blacks a bit.
brought up shadows a hair..

should have written it all down before closing LR

Is this better?

Tobey grad #1-2.jpg

Better but there is almost a line at the top of the mouth where the skin coloring makes a noticeable shift. Check the flesh tones in the edit by Pixmedic, see how much more even they are.

Better but there is almost a line at the top of the mouth where the skin coloring makes a noticeable shift. Check the flesh tones in the edit by Pixmedic, see how much more even they are.

Better?

Tobey grad #1-2.jpg

Yes looking better though maybe just a little more bump on exposure, and a tad on the blacks and highlights. She has such pretty eyes that I would work on those just a little also. Which editing software are you using?

Yes looking better though maybe just a little more bump on exposure, and a tad on the blacks and highlights. She has such pretty eyes that I would work on those just a little also. Which editing software are you using?

The first edit was small stuff in LR, then I did some dodging and burning on her hair, and a little work on the face. Then some more work in LR. I have been using LR for these adjustments as well.

Most reactions

Back