I need to create fire.

• Car battery+fine grate steel wool slightly wet with gasoline=nice yellow fire puff.
    You can reuse the rig about 10 or 20 times too. :D

• The same thing but with the steel wool in a plastic cup full of gasoline = 1 meter fireball that will rise up about 3 meters.

• In a flanged pale (bucket) is the yellow TV explosions you see in shows like Knigh Rider and McGiver.

been watching chase jarvis videos?

Oh man I laughed so hard.

Did anyone else get some funny thoughts when they saw the village idiot asking how to create fire?

My first thought was rub two sticks together.

Did anyone else get some funny thoughts when they saw the village idiot asking how to create fire?
:lmao:

When are we going to see the results?!?!

• Car battery+fine grate steel wool slightly wet with gasoline=nice yellow fire puff.

• Don't need a car battery... 9v with steel wool and a remote trigger will do the same thing.

If you need to ignite something from a safe distance, I recommend a model rocket controller and igniters. (A lot of fun projects you can do with rocket engines... )

We also used to mix gas and those Styrofoam packing nuts too... dangerous stuff and leaves a mess though....

whats a redneck say before he dies?

thats funny.... the closest to a dumb stupid redneck thing my friends did involved an M80 + BBs + and rubber cement. Now that was STUPID. (now that I'm a father... I think I'm in trouble.. heheh lol)

Last edited:
What about something like flash paper? Magicians use it for tricks. It burns quickly and leaves little to no residue. You should be able to get it at a magic shop or order it on line.

Brian

+1000

It'll do what you want, safely and easily.

We also used to mix gas and those Styrofoam packing nuts too... dangerous stuff and leaves a mess though....

Used to do that too, it's called homemade napalm. We'd put it in a small oil pump can and pass it through a lighter as we shot it. Awesome stuff, and it sticks to just about anything (including skin), but definitely not for VI's need for a quick flame. This stuff lasts a while.

the closest to a dumb stupid redneck thing my friends did involved an M80 + BBs + and rubber cement.

Hmmm....nothing like homemade claymores, too.....:lol:

What a bunch of pyromaniacs... lmao!

I've learned more about making fire in one thread than my whole life... lol!

thats funny.... the closest to a dumb stupid redneck thing my friends did involved an M80 + BBs + and rubber cement. Now that was STUPID. (now that I'm a father... I think I'm in trouble.. heheh lol)
Im thinking he forgot the backing plate to direct the BBs. :lol:

If I was to try this I would get some Butane gas.
Burns fast, or propane.

Any updates?

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I would suggest against flash paper (the magician thing) because it's literally a flash and then it's gone. It's meant to burn up completely before it hits the ground.

I would suggest alcohol, as Alpha said. A fairly high-proof alcohol should burn quickly, not too hot (as in cooler than gasoline that some people mentioned), and is easier to control.

The smokeless black gunpowder would be your best bet. Start off with less than a teaspoon and build up to desired amount. It will be a quick flareup with good coloration. Alcohol will show up as a white or blue flame. You can use liquor but you will have to ad a base for it to burn, so pour down a layer of food salt before adding vodka or other alcohol. Do not mess with Acetylene ballons, I watched the welding instructor blow the windows out of the welding building with that one. Being an ex-firefighter I love playing with fire, just make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back