I never thought for one moment I'd ever take shots as good as these

What size lens were you using for those? Wowza good work.

Gene

duuuuuuuuuude those are freakin sick
i LOVE the barn owl =D

Stuning... I'm inspired once again. All are incredible... First one is AMAZING! :clap:

OK - I bow before genius :hail::hail::hail:- these are exceptional, and that does n't even start to describe this series - aren't you glad you didn't take up pottery now or buy that Canon IDs MkIII. In next years subjcts there will not be anything with Feathers.:lmao:

.....what they said......:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

cheers

Great work!!

many thanks

You never thought you would ever take shots as good as these?

I always KNEW you would one day!
I had faith in you!
They don't come as a surprise to me!!!
You ARE this good!
How come you did not know???
No kidding here. Honest. No kidding. I mean every word I say.

many thanks, guess its because I don't really believe in myself

I could rant and rave on how good they are and all... but...

Oh heck with it, I WILL rant and rave about how good they are...

RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE RANT RAVE

That's how good they are.

Great job.

many thanks many thanks many thanks many thanks many thanks

ta

In the groove mr Critchfield, in the groove!

I aim to please

WOW! A-mazing! :thumbup: I KNOW I'll never take shots as good as those. ;)

you will, just takes practise

Tsk, tsk......I discourage talk like that. Those are absolutely beautiful pictures, and one should aspire to take shots like this.....:sexywink:

here here, everyone can take great shots, well if I can everyone else can

What size lens were you using for those? Wowza good work.

Gene

300mm some with a 1.4x converter but most just 300mm

duuuuuuuuuude those are freakin sick
i LOVE the barn owl =D

many thanks

Stuning... I'm inspired once again. All are incredible... First one is AMAZING! :clap:

cheers

Oh wow, just wow, amazing!

many thanks

Great series!!! :)

thank you

What Kind of drugs you take before you go out on a shoot? I need some of what ever it is!!

had a vitamin C tablet before I went out as I have a cold

OK - I bow before genius :hail::hail::hail:- these are exceptional, and that does n't even start to describe this series - aren't you glad you didn't take up pottery now or buy that Canon IDs MkIII. In next years subjcts there will not be anything with Feathers.:lmao:

oh there had better be Ray or I'll join another club :lol:

I hate you...these are amazing

but not as much as I hate me :lol:

Wow Andy, you were right. That probably was your best visit there yet. The first 4/5 are incredible. Pin sharp for such a quick moving small and unpredictable subject. Hats off to you.

Wow. Those are stunning.

Just curious, when you are taking shots of moving objects like that and you have to pan, I'm assuming you have to take the shot immediately after you lock the AF, otherwise it will be out of focus in an instant, am I correct?

MarcusM said:
Wow. Those are stunning.

Just curious, when you are taking shots of moving objects like that and you have to pan, I'm assuming you have to take the shot immediately after you lock the AF, otherwise it will be out of focus in an instant, am I correct?

Many thanks

For panning shots the AF is set to AI Servo so it keeps tracking the subject as it moves closer.
I also make sure that AI Servo Tracking Sensitivity is set to slo[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]w, this is because I can pan with the subject fairly well these days.

Also I make sure that spot metering is linked to the focussing spot.

Most reactions

Back