What's new

I never Wanna Grow Up

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
413
Reaction score
83
this one was fun, for this it was all about a fast shutter, being careful with the baby and making it look good :)

I purchased some moss for the shoot and placed it on the tree then had my camera on a fast shutter to catch casey jumping in the air playing her flute to simulate flying.

I was below my son when he was in the air and I was tossing him up and down.

Final Image below with before and after followed by a behind the scenes and edit video.

I Never Wanna Grow Up
7723969798_191345c0d8_b.jpg




Before and After
7724087472_e006719bda_h.jpg



Behind the Scenes Watch IN HD
 
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone, it was very fun to do :)
 
...i wanted to tell one more thing... throwing little ones up that way can be dangerous... sudden jerks can hurt their tender body systems :D
 
oh I know this, He is 1 and he loves it but I would never throw him up hard or far :)
 
Ha!!! Ya...very cool shot man. Very unique
 
Totally Awesome. I love it. You do inspiring work.
 
thanks everyone, means alot to hear all the positive comments, more to come next week. Is there anything you would like to see in a video such as a walk through or something else? let me know
 
All right! Coddling finished already?

In my opinion this image is terrible. It relies entirely on special effects, specifically on the floating/falling baby to work. While it does stir up emotions in my mind, notably parental indifference, the unobtainable rejection of responsibility and a sense of longing for childhood past - and those elements are interesting - the image itself is ruined by the odd glowing orbs, mysterious patches of magenta, the woman at right holding what appears to be a block of American cheese, overall static composition, and blown hilights in the upper left, red/blown splotch of dead tree in the upper center, and the overuse of obvious fake mist.

Frankly, if this image were posted at youarenotaphotographer.com, the response we'd have would be tremendously different and negative. We'd be asking wtf is up with the baby and the glowing orbs on weird half-dead looking magenta grass. But since it's here at the photographer's coddle and hug forum, we give lots of :hugs:.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom