Jaemie
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2012
- Messages
- 1,907
- Reaction score
- 340
- Location
- Puyallup, WA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
This certainly looks like a lot of fun, and I like the theme (fairies, etc.). Unfortunately, it's not coming together in an engaging way; the three subjects appear completely isolated (emotionally) from each other, the narrative isn't making sense to me, and I'm left with more questions than answers or hints. Why is the baby falling? Why doesn't the woman above the baby seem to care or even notice? The piper is similarly disengaged from the baby and the woman in the tree. So, I'm left wondering what it all means.
Is this, perhaps, a photographic recreation of a Romantic Period painting?
In the absence of a strong narrative, the special effects grab my attention, but not in a really good way. The alternating green/magenta ground cover is confusing. I'd stick with the natural green. There is so much mist that it's obvious, so less would be better. I think the moss actually works fairly well, so I'd keep that. But the glowing orbs are overabundant; perhaps try half as many.
I'd also consider a thinner DOF to blur the distracting background foliage. There's a lot going on back there. The blown sky can be fixed with better metering or a filter. You might also try shooting this earlier or later in the day to capture better light and mood. Fairies like the twilight and night I'm told.
Although I think this image falls short in several important ways, I can tell the process was highly enjoyable and educational and just a wonderful family experience. I'd definitely try it again.
Is this, perhaps, a photographic recreation of a Romantic Period painting?
In the absence of a strong narrative, the special effects grab my attention, but not in a really good way. The alternating green/magenta ground cover is confusing. I'd stick with the natural green. There is so much mist that it's obvious, so less would be better. I think the moss actually works fairly well, so I'd keep that. But the glowing orbs are overabundant; perhaps try half as many.
I'd also consider a thinner DOF to blur the distracting background foliage. There's a lot going on back there. The blown sky can be fixed with better metering or a filter. You might also try shooting this earlier or later in the day to capture better light and mood. Fairies like the twilight and night I'm told.
Although I think this image falls short in several important ways, I can tell the process was highly enjoyable and educational and just a wonderful family experience. I'd definitely try it again.
