I "picked" this one just for you :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CC if you must :) I am posting this linked from Facebook so the image quality may suck a bit... I haven't uploaded it to Flickr yet :/

185685_10150200906875278_839030277_8810552_424646_n.jpg

Lopsided boring deadspace. Bottom heavy. Chair or stool is not needed.

Get close fill your frame!
Lighting is good.

3a6473bc.png

Your welcome!

While his face points out of the frame on the left, his eyes keep you in the frame. So if the direction of his face is why you positioned the image the way you did, here's an example that breaks that idea.

I might have cropped closer, but I felt keeping that heart in the shot was important, and really adds to this.

I think the white background is overpowering the kids skin, not to mention the hair looks washed out. id like to see a little less exposure to bring out more color/ detail.

less exposure would = underexposed... This is a "high key" portrait. It was an assignment for my studio photography class... Unfortunately, I can't change the background and the exposure is actually (according to one or two previous posters and my studio professor) spot on... No detail is lost anywhere other than in the background... So I'm not sure where you would like to see more detail? I can probably make the hair look less washed out in post...

I will edit the first post when I get to school on Monday and can get the image posted to flickr. I promise you his eyes are tack sharp when it isn't posted from Facebook ;) I don't have this image on my home computer yet. It's on the student server at my college...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back