I spent Memorial day diving. check out the pics and vid.

EIngerson

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We chartered a boat and did 3 dives. Manza Dream Hole, Le Island and Minna Island. The video is from Manza Dream Hole.

Manza - YouTube

Our boat. The "Kai Ei Mura" the captain was awesome and took great care of us.

The Kai Ei Maru by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr

Gearing up for one of the dives.

The group by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr

This is Minna Island. Our third dive site.

Minna Island. Dive site 3 by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr

Me just after dive 2.

Me at Le Island.Dive 2 by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr

My buddy Chuck.

Dive-6 by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr
Couldn't have asked for better conditions. The visibility was close to 100 feet. Not a bad way to spend a holiday.

I hate to say it but I'd rather be topside with the captain!

Once you get down there and see it for yourself, you can't get enough.

Once you get down there and see it for yourself, you can't get enough.

I try to avoid the icy cold grip of the crushing abyss personally.

No underwater photos? Man... what a place to shoot in! Wish I was there! lol!

I think you went over the top with the blue man.

Yeah, I did. I'm still on a high of excitement from diving. I wanted to hurry up and get them posted so I just clicked the camera profile instead of doing it right. lol. Thats why I threw it into off topic chat.

Nice shots.I like the underwater video and you Captured some yellow longnose butterfly fish and some schooler banner fish.

I figured the video took care of it. lol. Thanks.

Looks like some really nice diving... lots of fish! I am jealous! lol!

Lots of times videos are just kind of random. Photos usually require finding a specific subject and lighting it well ( I will concede I prefer photos, lol!) What are you shooting the video with? I have been considered picking up a GoPro that I can mask mount.

On your light for your video... you really should consider a good wide-angle light (one that does not produce hot spots in the center). That would improve your videos a lot. Something like this... 90 degree beam angle, pretty good battery life... very bright, and no hot spots.. just very even coverage! i-Torch Venusian II Light | Bluewater Photo & Video is about the least expensive I know of for a decent light. Brings out the color... and gets rid of the blue cast. Big difference!

I use this one as a focus light / lightweight video light for my DC-1400. It is not really bright enough for serious video.. but has a clean 53 degree spread of light with no hot spots... Tovatec by Intova Mini Wide Angle 220 Lumens LED Torch

I figured the video took care of it. lol. Thanks.

Looks like some really nice diving... lots of fish! I am jealous! lol!

Lots of times videos are just kind of random. Photos usually require finding a specific subject and lighting it well ( I will concede I prefer photos, lol!) What are you shooting the video with? I have been considered picking up a GoPro that I can mask mount.

On your light for your video... you really should consider a good wide-angle light (one that does not produce hot spots in the center). That would improve your videos a lot. Something like this... 90 degree beam angle, pretty good battery life... very bright, and no hot spots.. just very even coverage! i-Torch Venusian II Light | Bluewater Photo & Video is about the least expensive I know of for a decent light. Brings out the color... and gets rid of the blue cast. Big difference!

I use this one as a focus light / lightweight video light for my DC-1400. It is not really bright enough for serious video.. but has a clean 53 degree spread of light with no hot spots... Tovatec by Intova Mini Wide Angle 220 Lumens LED Torch

I shot this with the GoPro Hero 3 Black edition. I love it. I'm really disappointed in myself for the light. I grabbed the cheapest one in the dive shop the day before the dive. I didn't really think about lighting for video until I got home and realized how crappy it was. I just knew I needed one to see in the cave. Thanks for the recommendations though.

I'm still figuring out what I like as far as mounting. with head mounts you constantly have bubbles floating up in front of the camera. You'd have to mount it pretty far forward to get out of them. I think that would really make the mask unbalanced and uncomfortable. This one was mounted on top of my light. I liked it, but its too shaky. I'm going to make a PVC sled to see how that works in the near future.

Thanks for the compliments. I can't say enough about the diving here. It's just incredible.

Most reactions

Back