I think I got it right this time...

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm having a hard time figuring out which pictures will work in B&W. I fell like this one looks nice, what do you think? C&C wanted:) $b1.jpg

Great pic! Usually, things that are very detailed(like and old mans wrinkles) make great b and w pics

He's holding the guitar upside down... Its one of those things you can't not notice if you have played guitar.

I actually know a pretty amazing studio guitarist who plays that way. Plays a right handed strung guitar left handed.

Watch your backgrounds and horizons. This is a bit crooked and my eye goes right to the run-off pipe.

He's holding the guitar upside down... Its one of those things you can't not notice if you have played guitar.
he is left handed...

don't want to totally derail the thread, but is he learning to play a right handed strung guitar? The guitar in the picture is strung for a right hander (and it's a right handed body as well). If he is serious about it, that's a really bad way to go about it, because it basically means he will have to self teach himself everything. It can be done, but it's like trying to win a race running backwards, it'd be a lot easier to just turn around and run forwards.

And yeah, visually it is distracting for anybody that has played to see someone holding an obviously right handed strung guitar with a right handed body left handed. Hence why we are talking about it. Like 2/3rds of the white male population plays guitar and would notice this and totally lose everything else about the image.

allison_dcp said:
he is left handed...

You need to restring the guitar if he wants to be the next Hendrix

allison_dcp said:
His dad is in a band, plays Left handed too, and I'm pretty sure he restrung it the right way.

I regret to inform you that he did not restring it the right way. The low E string is on the bottom, and the high E is on the top. To be playing left handed guitar, it's backwards.

allison_dcp said:
His dad is in a band, plays Left handed too, and I'm pretty sure he restrung it the right way.

I regret to inform you that he did not restring it the right way. The low E string is on the bottom, and the high E is on the top. To be playing left handed guitar, it's backwards.

Nice attention to detail!

Great photo, overall! I find it's a little heavy on the left side, since the guitar extends almost to the edge of the frame, with nothing to balance it on the other side. I'd have just placed the kid a little right of center to give the left a little more room to breathe. Otherwise, looks great!

I too noticed the guitar. But in the greater context of a kid with a really goofy smile (not on stage, not plugged in, not at the front of a band), I just took it as a kid goofing off, so it actually worked for me. Added a little more humor to it. I agree with moving things to the right, but I kind of liked the guitar (and I even play guitar and bass).

Most reactions

Back