I think I got it right this time...

DEEKY......THANK YOU:) Now he may grow up to be a famous guitarist one day.....but today hes only 7.

allison_dcp said:
His dad is in a band, plays Left handed too, and I'm pretty sure he restrung it the right way.

I regret to inform you that he did not restring it the right way. The low E string is on the bottom, and the high E is on the top. To be playing left handed guitar, it's backwards.

You can actually tell the difference in the strings in that small picture. Simply amazing.

Joel_W said:
You can actually tell the difference in the strings in that small picture. Simply amazing.

You can too. Look at this crop I made on my phone. Not sure the quality will be the same as an attachment...

$image-3950931683.jpg

That the guitar is upside down, wrong way round or whatever makes no real difference to the aesthetic value of the image though, does it? Indeed, like a set of first-day-issue stamps mounted back to front, it adds to the value if anything. Great shot!

That the guitar is upside down, wrong way round or whatever makes no real difference to the aesthetic value of the image though, does it? Indeed, like a set of first-day-issue stamps mounted back to front, it adds to the value if anything. Great shot!
thanks!

Well, he apparently knows how to play it that way 'cause he's either fingering a chord or shooting a bird. Not sure which since I don't play guitar.

That the guitar is upside down, wrong way round or whatever makes no real difference to the aesthetic value of the image though, does it?

Yes

It distracts people who know how to play guitar. The fact that we are talking about it is probably good enough indication that it's a distraction. Think about something you know how to do. I"m sure you've seen an ad where the person in the ad was doing it wrong, and you laughed at it, and it completely distracted you from the rest of the otherwise good ad. Same thing here. Because the guitar is upside down and backwards, people who know how to play guitar get distracted by that and miss a lot of the rest of the image. Is it important to remove distracting elements from your composition? Yes. Is this distracting? Well, it obviously is for at least some people, because we've talked about it this much. A lot of people play guitar and can immediately see this. THis really is no different than a tree growing out of somebody's head in a portrait. Some people might not notice, but those that do, it's all they see.

When you use props for your shot, you need to make sure they're being used in an appropriate way. The shot would have been better if he was simply there, sans guitar. You still get the cute kid, but without an awkward looking and placed guitar. Heck, even though the kid is left handed, he would have been better off holding it right handed, just for the shot.

I think that the kid is clearly doing it wrong (and I didn't need to look at the strings to see that) is cute. He's clearly mugging for the camera, fooling around, like a kid sitting in the driver's seat of a car hauling on the wheel and laughing like an idiot. I think it works just fine.

Most reactions

Back