What's new

I think I've 'got it' this time....?

Artograph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
1,343
Reaction score
0
Location
I am Canadian, eh.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes....or no??

100_4121leaf.jpg
 
I say yes and no. It looks great in your avatar and the shadow is nice, but it looks like there's more detail there that's getting washed out a little.
 
agreed, the leaf is a little to bright and your loosing detail there, also the focus on the leaf is soft.
 
Ok, thank you!! I appreciate the feedback!!! :O)
 
The composition is good and I like the shadow, but from there on, it falls a bit flat.

I'd have done three things differently:

1) Used a larger aperture to have the whole leaf, and the whole frame, in this case, in focus

2) Set my white balance to "cloudy", "shade", or an otherwise warm temperature to warm up the image. It looks cold and sterile how it is right now.

3) Exposed it maybe 1/3 or 2/3 stops darker to avoid blowing out the bright parts of the leaf.


I see that you're using a bridge point-and-shoot camera, so I don't really know what adjustments available in your camera. But, you can improve it was some editing:



All I did was increase the contrast, sharpen it and set it to a warmer temperature. It looks more like it was sunlit now.
 
Thank you epp...I appreciate you taking the time to offer some suggestions!

:O)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom